***Snowflakes to Sunshine***

Options

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Typing bump just puts this particular thread on the top of the list in "Motivation and Support" That way people don't have to search for it :)
  • eff8710
    eff8710 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok...this is just weird. First, you should all know, I'm big into things happening for a reason, and seeing signs that things are meant to be. Well...I just re-did my goals for 2011 as part of getting ready for this challenge. In order to reach my goal weight, I need to lose 1.8lbs a week; this would put me at my goal weight the week leading up to my 1 year wedding anniversary :) I just think that is so amazing, ha! Now I just have to meet my goal and I'll be all set :)
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    I can't wait to start :D I'm doing dancing with the stars dvd and Turbo Jam with my sister
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to this too! I am new to MFP and have never joined a group, how do I find the page for this when it is up?

Just copy and past the title in search and you will find it. Then when you comment in the post go to My Topics this will have your log of what posts you commented on.
  • ltlhmom
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for HRM's?? Im looking to get one and would love your input! Thanks :smile:

I have the polar F6 with chest strap. I was @$100. I like it works for me. You should get one with a chest strap as they are more accurate. But I would go to a store that sells them. Tell them what you want it to do or show you and then make your choice. I got pink and like AmyByExample said shows dirt that will not come off. I would also go with black.
  • ltlhmom
    Options
    Typing bump just puts this particular thread on the top of the list in "Motivation and Support" That way people don't have to search for it :)

Or puts it in your My Topic list so you can come back to it later. :wink:
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Taking my before pics tonight or tomorrow....not looking forward to that, but seeing the progress in a few months is going to feel GREAT!

Hahha. I know EXACTLY what you mean! I did take some back in August-ish, and can't wait to compare, though!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Okay, since today is Friday, is it our official start date? If so, my weight this morning was 193.8. Not at all happy about that, but I'm going to change that with the help of this challenge!
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for HRM's?? Im looking to get one and would love your input! Thanks :smile:

I have the polar F6 with chest strap. I was @$100. I like it works for me. You should get one with a chest strap as they are more accurate. But I would go to a store that sells them. Tell them what you want it to do or show you and then make your choice. I got pink and like AmyByExample said shows dirt that will not come off. I would also go with black.

Thanks for the info! It seems like the F6 will be my HRM...in black!
  • CassieH818
    Options

Thanks! I dont feel so clueless now :)
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Have my measurements ready to go.

Will have hubby take my "before pic" today (eek!)

Will grab my official starting weight in the morning & Fridays thereafter....

I need to plan my workouts for the week.

Yay - it's almost here! So very excited!!

Hugs to all,
    Amy
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I feel so clueless!!! What is this "bump" stuff?! :laugh:

Bump is also used to put a subject in your "My Topics" so you can go back to the thread daily or when you want. Or maybe you see something and it is too long to read and you want to read it later, so you bump it and then you go back and read it and post also if you want to. At least now you bumped it and you don't have to look for it because it is in your "My Topics" now.

People also use Bump to put a subject or thread back in circulation if they want people to see it or want others thoughts and more feed back.

Hope that helps!! Today is the day!! Whoooohooo! Are you all ready!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    posted this on the other thread...

Morning!

cw: 205
    gw:165

week 1 exercise goal(s)

*shred 4-6 days a week (25 minutes)
    *treadmill or elliptical (30 minutes) 5 days a week

Have a Happy New Year!!!
  • CassieH818
    Options
    I am soooo ready. I will post my SW and work out goals tomorrow!! :happy:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    CW 12/31/10 170
    GW 1.31/11 160
    Measurements: neck: 12.5, chest: 36.5, waist:31 , stomach:34 , hips:43 , thighs: 25&26 , arms:13&13.5

Exercise goals this week:
    Sat-walk walk walk
    Sun-stretch and some strength exercise
    Mon- exercise video : take stairs
    Tues-Zumba :take stairs
    Wed- Kickboxing/Abs :take stairs
    Thurs- video :take stairs
    Fri-video and strength :take stairs

Nutritional goals this week:
    Make healthier choices when dining out.
    Log all food every day.
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    Stay under 1300 cals with workouts.
  • CassieH818
    Options
    CW 12/31/10 170
    GW 1.31/11 160
    Measurements: neck: 12.5, chest: 36.5, waist:31 , stomach:34 , hips:43 , thighs: 25&26 , arms:13&13.5

Exercise goals this week:
    Sat-walk walk walk
    Sun-stretch and some strength exercise
    Mon- exercise video : take stairs
    Tues-Zumba :take stairs
    Wed- Kickboxing/Abs :take stairs
    Thurs- video :take stairs
    Fri-video and strength :take stairs

Nutritional goals this week:
    Make healthier choices when dining out.
    Log all food every day.
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    Stay under 1300 cals with workouts.

Krys_T will be posting a new thread for week 1 of the snowflakes to sunshine challenge. I would post all that there :)
  • _Sarah_
    Options
    Is there room for one more?
  • Kathryn160
    Options
    I want to join!
  • rshellb
    Options
    Ok, took the pics and weighed! Let's get this started! I have not done the measurements. I don't have anyone to do them for me. lol

SW for challenge = 228

Can't wait to lose this weight!!