Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    1450 is "eating"? Wow, I must be doing it wrong...or something. :ohwell:
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a little bit of fat around my belly. I don't really want to cut my calories (doing the 1200 a day but want to build) and just want an honest view on how long it will take. When I use to do lots of cardio, fat loss was much faster but cardio isn't my focus anymore so the pace of fatloss around my belly is much slower. Any tips?

You won't gain muscle on such a low cal intake. You won't likely lose much either. Keep lifting at a progressive rate add a few hundred cals and that belly will flatten out in no time.

I am over fifty ( 5'2, 112) eat around 1800 cals a day and am currently doing the mp(muscle and power) 6 program with my husband. Love this approach. I still do 60 minutes of cardio a week, because I like it lol. Always open to new friends.

Please note diary of late is incomplete due to a total lack of time, but things are back to normal as of tonight.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I lift. I do not always lift heavy, but I lift for muscle, and I eat a lot. (2000-2800)
    I am pretty much in maintenance now anyway.
    I also love boxing and biking and a little running. I am very active, generally.
    I am always happy to have more friends who are active and who eat a decent amount and enjoy chatting on their feed from time to time.
    My profile is public if anyone wants to read and add me :)
  • terihick
    terihick Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to Facebook. I'm looking for people/friends with the same interests. Please friend request me if you are looking for motivation. https://www.facebook.com/BeachbodyJunkies I just want to surround myself with people with the same goals and interests. Thank you in advance.
  • Aquamum9
    Aquamum9 Posts: 51
    Options
    I run, love weights, and eat, eat, eat. I usually range anywhere from 1500~1900 calories a day. If you'd like to be friends, let me know. :happy:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    1450 is "eating"? Wow, I must be doing it wrong...or something. :ohwell:

It's certainly not 1200 calories or less like plenty of people on here seem to be doing. I'm losing .5 lb/week average, and I eat my exercise calories back on weekends, so I'm actually eating an average of 1650 calories per day. Yes, that is "eating." I eat a protein shake at 7:30, breakfast at 8:30, lunch at 12:30, snack at 3:30, and dinner at 6:30. And I'm certainly not chewing on celery and calling it a snack. If I could eat 1900 calories per day and lose, I would, but I've tried and I maintained and even gained a bit.

I do what works for me, and not what everyone thinks will work for me. I'm eating above my BMR, so there's nothing unhealthy about the way I'm doing it. I'm just looking for other people that aren't starving themselves on 1200 calories per day. I'll keep in mind not to add you. Thanks. :)