Ran my first trail race!

Options
LTKeegan
LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
Today I ran my first trail race! 5.5K in 40:16, which was 12 minutes faster than what I ran on Monday. Also, I proved that I could run the whole thing, so now I need to stop whining about how hard my runs are and how I'm bad at running.

Here are some pictures of the race. Before and After :)

52b7d443-a6a1-4b1b-ad6c-fce65bb55f15_zpsece2fd07.jpg

Replies

• larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, way to go!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Trails ain't a joke. That's a really good time!
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You rock! Congratulations!!!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 5K trail race...Finishing a race , you get that amazing feeling of accomplishment and triumph, it's never gets old ....we only crave it more !!
    :smile:
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I also ran my first race today, it wasnt a trail race but I know how excited ya feel. Way to go girl!!
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Thanks guys! It was hard but worth it!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love the trails!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Trail races are my favorite! Great job!
    Looks like you had a great time!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey! I ran the same race and it was my first too! Except I did the 9.5K distance (because I'm crazy!)

I only have road shoes, so that slip 'n slide hill at the turnaround was ridiculous! I could only laugh (and try not to wipe out).

I think I'm hooked on trail running now. And I think I'd better go buy some proper trail shoes.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Too cool for school!
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Hey! I ran the same race and it was my first too! Except I did the 9.5K distance (because I'm crazy!)

I only have road shoes, so that slip 'n slide hill at the turnaround was ridiculous! I could only laugh (and try not to wipe out).

I think I'm hooked on trail running now. And I think I'd better go buy some proper trail shoes.

Oh my god how awesome!! Yeah, I just got new trail shoes and I raced up (and down) that hill. So much fun!!!! There is a five peaks series in southern Ontario that I'm thinking of doing. All trail races! My goal is to do a 10K trail race by the end of the summer!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Oh my god how awesome!! Yeah, I just got new trail shoes and I raced up (and down) that hill. So much fun!!!! There is a five peaks series in southern Ontario that I'm thinking of doing. All trail races! My goal is to do a 10K trail race by the end of the summer!

Yes! I'm considering the 5peaks races as well. And more of the MEC races too! And a couple triathlons…I'm going to be BUSY! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!