Hi! New and looking for friends and EA Active 2 users :)

Options
Hi there :happy:

I have been struggling with my weight for over 20 years now. I was always a chubby kid, I come from a family of overweight females, and realised many years ago that I am always going to be bigger than my doctor wants me to be. I accept that. What I don’t accept though, is being out of breath when I get to the top of the stairs, having to catch my breath after the 10 minute walk to the bus stop each day to get to work, and having to sit down to tie my shoe laces :cry:

I know I can lose weight. I’ve done it in the past. Keeping it off is my problem. So if I manage to get the weight off with help from this site and the friendly folks on it I think I’ll need to stick around just to help maintain it. At least until I’m sure it’s off and staying off.

Having been on and off various diets since the birth of my daughter (25 years ago), in and out of various diet clubs I know from my own experience that I am more committed and enthusiastic when I am part of a group environment. I miss my weekly weigh in and support from other people sharing the ups and downs of trying to get healthy. So I’m looking for friends to give and receive help and support.

If/when I exercise it’s at home, although I am trying to go for more walks in the local park now the nicer weather is coming in. I enjoy using EA Active 2 on my Wii but can’t get the online feature working, so I’d love to hear from anyone else who uses it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi

I love the EA Active 2, I was actually thinking about starting the program again, it's fun and interactive, you work out a sweat and don't really realize it because it's all game. I also have the other games, the original and the more workout but the #2 is by far my favorite one.
  • dheatonrue
    Options
    Hi, good luck on the programme. i have used wii active 2 for over a year it is brilliant. However the game was made in 2010 and they have removed the online services in 2012 so your on your own I'm afraid. Still excellent though.
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use my EA Active all the time! I have both the original and 2 :) I finished the 30 day challenge on the original about 2 weeks ago and am now working through the 20 day challenge on 2. I think they stopped supporting the online features a while ago since they are "older" games, but it still works great for me. My daughter loves the little motivational cliches that they throw out and mimics them to me when I'm working through other exercises...LOL.

Please feel free to add me... we can do this!!
  • RelentlessCherry
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys :smile:

I only bought the game in 2012 and had never heard of it until I spotted it in the supermarket one day. Well at least now I know it's nothing to do with my Wii :laugh:

Was hoping to compare notes as it were with other players/users since the online thing doesn't work.

I have done the 9 week challenge in the past (about 2 years ago) and aim to build up to doing that again, but right now I'm so unfit I don't think I could do it just now. Was thinking about doing a custom workout a couple of times each week to build up my fitness in the meantime, and to get me used to working out again.
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Why not start with the 20 (or is it 21?) day challenge on Active 2 first? Set it to easy just to get used to moving and the routine again. Rest days are mandatory so you won't overdo it. And there's still a level of accountability - even if it's only to a game! If you still don't think you're ready for the 9 weeks after that, you can always do it again but increase the intensity. I've been using Active for a while and I've been able to increase to the medium intensity, I use a harder resistance band, and can tell a definite difference in my endurance :)
  • hamstermom123
    hamstermom123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here, too, and have struggled with weight for years. Your post has inspired me to check out the Wii Fit game that I have, but have never attempted. :) I'll send you a FR so we can support each other here! You'll do great!!
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this program. I wish they would offer an updated one for the playstation. Despite some annoyances (it is hard to get it to recognize some movements) it's a great program and really does make me sweat. I do the 3-week program and just keep starting it over again. It's great that you don't really need a big space to get a good workout. Some of the exercises I've started doing just while watching TV. :)
  • RelentlessCherry
    Options
    Despite some annoyances (it is hard to get it to recognize some movements)
    So glad it's not just me!! Drtives me nuts when it won't recognise you've moved! Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.
    It's great that you don't really need a big space to get a good workout.
    Another reason I love it :)
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Gonna check it out
  • Saffy4ever
    Saffy4ever Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you still using it, I just brought it, love to find out if you lost anything...