I've lost my drive.. to work out... :(

Options
2»

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    What the above posters said - just get up and do something, don't overthink it.

Yesterday I bought a one-way train ticket, took my bike and cycled home. With a few detours, it ended up being somewhere between 40-50km. Over 1200 calories, that's as much as other people here eat in a day. And I had fun. Why did i do it? not for the exercise, not even for the calories, but i wanted to see if i COULD. And BONUS - today I am getting pancakes and maple syrup and sausage for breakfast.
    Find your incentive, find your exercise, and things will fall into place...
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    What the above posters said - just get up and do something, don't overthink it.

Yesterday I bought a one-way train ticket, took my bike and cycled home. With a few detours, it ended up being somewhere between 40-50km. Over 1200 calories, that's as much as other people here eat in a day. And I had fun. Why did i do it? not for the exercise, not even for the calories, but i wanted to see if i COULD. And BONUS - today I am getting pancakes and maple syrup and sausage for breakfast.
    Find your incentive, find your exercise, and things will fall into place...

froeschli makes a good point-find a GOAL to work toward. I'm doing Tough Mudder in the fall...maybe it'll be a 5k? Or a certain distance on a bike? Find something to achieve or work toward. My goal is to learn how to air walk by August...will I do it? I dunno-but I'm going to work each day at it.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    This is such an ancient thread! :smile:
  • EsqMom
    EsqMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This time, I tried a different approach... I've been keeping calories under tight control (1200 and under) for the past two weeks and saving workout until I reach "the plateau"... So far, I'm down about 7 pounds and only worked out yesterday because we had to attend a neighborhood party where I knew I may go over my 1200 max caloric intake... I don't know how many calories you're really taking in but I count raw fruit and veggies (WW does not take those into account) too... Just a thought...
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Be mindful of not over doing it when you exercise as that can lead to burn out. Know that your food intake combined with rest and recovery have roles just as important as your exercising. Too much or too little of any of these factors can lead you to where you are now.
  • EsqMom
    EsqMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Yeap! Looks like we don't pay attention to dates... *blush* PS - I noticed you've started where I have and have the same goal as I do... I don't feel so lonely anymore! :)
  • qwicherbytchin
    Options
    Do you normally use a gym? If so, make yourself drive there. Maybe just sit in the car for a minute and if you're really not into it, you can leave. Then do it again tomorrow. You will get to the point that you want to just go inside for a minute. Once inside, you'll want to get on those machines or lift a few weights. Take it slow if you have to, but just do it! Don't ever give up! You got this! Go forward today and kick some *kitten*!
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    LOL!! Yeap! Looks like we don't pay attention to dates... *blush* PS - I noticed you've started where I have and have the same goal as I do... I don't feel so lonely anymore! :)

Don't feel lonely! Add me if you like. :smile:
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! First I stopped because I hurt my back, didn't go for a few days...then got my lady time, then got sick for a week and a half...then before I knew it almost a month had passed. I also did not gain anything, but I felt fat, and lazy and just blah.

You just gotta get up and know you will feel AMAZING the moment you get done. Just start with something small...if its gotten warm outstide where you are, go for a nice jog. Get some fresh air in your lungs. Get sweaty, you will feel good and wish you would have done it sooner!

Breaks are nice, but if its making you feel crappy, its because your body misses it. Get out there and good luck!!