people watching at gym

Options
28BK5
28BK5 Posts: 8 Member
How many fitness people on here attend a gym, and have the usual.....

1. Gym creeper
2. loud mouth
3. poser (spends more time in the mirror)

I go to my gym at 330 am and there are a few of us there til about 530 am; but I have this one person who is 2 out of the 3 as mentioned above

This person seems to structure his workout routine revolved around woman, follows a few around and is loud as heck, he is so loud he over powers my ear phones..

It actually bothers me to a certain extent, because he will eventually creep the person out to the point were they will stop going to the gym, and its rude when he yells and disrupts other gym users.....

But what can you do, its a free country.......lol

What are your guys thoughts or feelings; does it bother you too....

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't care, I keep my headphones on.

I'm the one dancing on the treadmill along to music.
    Also the one sitting on a weight machine for way too long. Hey.. No one else around, it's MINE!
    Brah section? NOPE! Sin section!
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Really the only thing that gets to me is when someone sits in the power rack, texting on their phone for 40 minutes on Saturday when Saturday is the only good day for me to really nail my legs. Not fun to be trudging up and down ladders, stairs and hillsides 2 days after squats/deads so while I can do it Sunday it's not entirely convenient.
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Really the only thing that gets to me is when someone sits in the power rack, texting on their phone for 40 minutes on Saturday when Saturday is the only good day for me to really nail my legs. Not fun to be trudging up and down ladders, stairs and hillsides 2 days after squats/deads so while I can do it Sunday it's not entirely convenient.

It's rare to see anyone doing a lower body workout LOL. It's usually bench *kitten*, upper back *kitten*, and arms, and they use the power rack for curls. Astounding.

I don't think I've seen anyone do a squat in the typical gym in a long time.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    We have guys who leave the plates loaded and spralled out on the floor... seem to be constantly deloading the squat rack and bench... obviously their routine leaves them weak....... its frustrating cleaning up after them, should be taught to be considerate when they join. .. dont have the loud ones but I have met a rude guy, who makes you feel like you shouldnt even be there.
  • Manic5781
    Manic5781 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    The people at the gym I go to that irritate me and cause me to either make eye contact and make it known they are ridiculous or to run my mouth, which I don't usually do.

1) the I'm to swoll to re rack my weights
    2) I'm to sweaty to actually wipe down my bench or machine

Put your weight back and clean up after yourself you jackal.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to the gym awhile ago because of how obnoxious the ego lifters were. They would always have their little bro cliques protecting the preacher bench, the squat racks ,leg press, and row machines. They would leave plates and free weights all over the place after they finish all the while laughing it up and communicating with each other by screaming. My last straw was when i was just trying to use the lat pull down machine and was told "go back to the cardio queens where you belong" I put in a complaint and was met with a "we'll look into it" must be great being friends with the management.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have this one person who is 3 out of the 3 as mentioned above !! But I really dont pay attention to them .
  • elusive_design
    Options
    Wow Wob.. you need a new gym. I actually use two gyms, one for cardio and one for moving weight.. If anyone tried to pull that crap at my weight gym the owner would be over the desk with a broomstick trying to get rid of the rodents. There are a couple of powerlifters that might offer to help you build a routine if they see someone struggling but not a one of them would dream of insulting someone like that.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate the "gym crew" and I don't mean the people go there with the intention of working out, keep their headphones on and head down.
    I mean the ones that go with a huge group of dudes. They always yell at each other, couldn't possibly have a conversation in normal voices. They walk back and forth past the girls with their arms spread out flaring their lats they wish they had.
    They huddle around doing chest or Bi's congratulating each other with every move. OR there's the ones doing heavy squats... You know, 6+ plates a side and barely even getting a bend in their leg... But SCREAMING to get back up and doing this ONCE. lol ugh
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    I stopped going to the gym awhile ago because of how obnoxious the ego lifters were. They would always have their little bro cliques protecting the preacher bench, the squat racks ,leg press, and row machines. They would leave plates and free weights all over the place after they finish all the while laughing it up and communicating with each other by screaming. My last straw was when i was just trying to use the lat pull down machine and was told "go back to the cardio queens where you belong" I put in a complaint and was met with a "we'll look into it" must be great being friends with the management.

Do we attend the same gym? Lol
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How many fitness people on here attend a gym, and have the usual.....

1. Gym creeper
    2. loud mouth
    3. poser (spends more time in the mirror)

I go to my gym at 330 am and there are a few of us there til about 530 am; but I have this one person who is 2 out of the 3 as mentioned above

This person seems to structure his workout routine revolved around woman, follows a few around and is loud as heck, he is so loud he over powers my ear phones..

It actually bothers me to a certain extent, because he will eventually creep the person out to the point were they will stop going to the gym, and its rude when he yells and disrupts other gym users.....

But what can you do, its a free country.......lol

What are your guys thoughts or feelings; does it bother you too....

I don't see gym creepers or poseurs at the main gym I go to, but there is a loud mouth. It's an older woman who has to talk to the person next to her on the treadmill, even it's a random stranger. Maybe she comes to the gym to socialize. She speaks so loudly I can hear her over my music. I always wear headphones at the gym. The first time it happened (40 minutes non-stop talking), I thought it was just a one-time thing, so I let it go. Then it happened two other times. It's always the same woman. I finally complained to the fitness room manager and she said she'd take care of it.
  • elusive_design
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate the "gym crew" and I don't mean the people go there with the intention of working out, keep their headphones on and head down.
    I mean the ones that go with a huge group of dudes. They always yell at each other, couldn't possibly have a conversation in normal voices. They walk back and forth past the girls with their arms spread out flaring their lats they wish they had.
    They huddle around doing chest or Bi's congratulating each other with every move. OR there's the ones doing heavy squats... You know, 6+ plates a side and barely even getting a bend in their leg... But SCREAMING to get back up and doing this ONCE. lol ugh

This might explain why people stare at me when I'm squatting and then tell me they have never seen someone go atg like that with that much weight. o.o I've actually never noticed anyone doing something like that!
  • Firehawk734
    Options
    Are women actually attracted to those kind of dudes that flare their chests with confidence? Seems like the women go for the "DB's" most of the time.
  • Firehawk734
    Options

This might explain why people stare at me when I'm squatting and then tell me they have never seen someone go atg like that with that much weight. o.o I've actually never noticed anyone doing something like that!

Do they ever tell you that you're gonna damage your knees squatting that low? I've heard that one. I also was told I should not use resistance when doing crunches. I just laughed, and told the dude to go away.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    Are women actually attracted to those kind of dudes that flare their chests with confidence? Seems like the women go for the "DB's" most of the time.

No, no they aren't. Well, not any women with confidence anyway.
  • elusive_design
    Options

Do they ever tell you that you're gonna damage your knees squatting that low? I've heard that one. I also was told I should not use resistance when doing crunches. I just laughed, and told the dude to go away.

Actually, more often than not I'm asked why I don't use a belt or straps and why I squat and DL without shoes. >.>
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options

It's shocking what some people think counts as a squat lol
  • Firehawk734
    Options

No, no they aren't. Well, not any women with confidence anyway.

So, is it usually the women who have low self esteem that go for the jerk-offs? I see some really beautiful women going after these idiots but maybe you are right, maybe they still have self esteem problems.
  • 28BK5
    28BK5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    same as me i really hate the texters who take up time sitting on valuable equipment, facebooking, twittering and texting friends, nothing worse than loosing a good pump in the gym because of a inconsiderate fellow gym member.........
  • elusive_design
    Options

It's shocking what some people think counts as a squat lol

I was always taught that if you can't go below parallel then you're too heavy and need to concentrate more on form than weight