Not New but Looking for Support Friends.

Options
Hi.

I'm Robyn. I have been dabbling with the MFP website since I was 15 (because I'm a rebel like that). More recently I have become more serious in my weight loss goals. I think that something just clicked right. I am at the prime of my life, I should be enjoying it!

A little about me:

I have been overweight for the majority of my life. I was average weight until I was 4 and then I pretty quickly became obese after that. I don't even remember being under 200 pounds because the last time I was under 200 lbs was when I was around 9 years old. Because of my weight I got bullied a lot in school. Because of the bullying I decided that I would become the smart girl. Fast forward a few years to high school. When I entered high school I was most likely 290-300 pounds. I don't know for sure because I didn't weigh, it was embarrassing. From my rough estimates of how clothing hangs now at 284 I can easily say that I hit 310 or more by 11th grade. Luckily, I go to an Early College that is filled with accepting young adults that have never given me trouble for my weight. Soon, I'll be entering real college (I already take college courses on a college campus, but it's just not the same as real college to me). I want to be healthier before I enter school.

Cal goal: 1,600 cals a day (I try to get about 60 min of 3.0 mph walking in per day ~ 423 calories burned)
SW: 307+ (probably more like 310/315/320 because I started dieting before I got to MFP)
CW:~284.4
GW: 140 for now.
Height: 5'8

I am looking for supportive friends that actually motivate me. Preferably with a similar situation to mine but I am open to friends of all shapes, sizes and goal weights. I really want to start running so someone with a similar goal (whether realized or still a goal) would be great.

Have a lovely night y'all,

Robyn

Replies

• billibong94
    billibong94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been on MFP for about a month now and I'm starting to lose motivation so I'd also like some friends who are going through the same thing because all my friends are so skinny and just eat all the time and I find it hard to stick to my goals when I'm with them!
    I'm 5"7' and I weigh 189lbs, which I'd like to get down to ~140-147 eventually!
    Add me :)
  • doodlecakes_07
    doodlecakes_07 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP on and off since I was like 12 or something. I was very fit kid until around 2nd grade, and then I started packing on the pounds, and was overweight until I decided to do something about it in around 8th grade. Since then, my weight has fluctuated. I got down to my lowest of 130, and developed extremely disordered eating patterns along the way. I trained for a marathon to take my focus of off food, and now, a year and a half later, my relationship with food is healed, but I'm 20 pounds heavier.

I'm 5'8 as well, and our goal weights are the same! I'd love to support and encourage you in any way I can! :)
  • s0njas0n
    s0njas0n Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need new friends, you can add me.
  • rbreeze80
    Options
    im just starting maybe support each other? I need someone to hold me accountable when I get lazy