rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My mom is the source for any and ALL of the rude comments I have ever gotten.
    "You'd be so pretty if you lost some weight."
    "You looked so pretty back then...what happened?" (Again, talking about me gaining weight)
    "You're never going to get a boyfriend"
    And then various comments of parts of my body that are too big. Also she will look me up and down and make this horrible disapproving noise.

That's ridiculous, I would get away from her fast!
  • MrsATrotta
    Options
    My step mother referred to me as a whale a few times and that really hurt. I'm very glad I moved out.
    Another one was a guy that I thought about dating. He told me his biggest fetish and when I said I wasn't comfortable with it he said that "It's only fair that you put up with it, if I have to be with a fat girl". He was such a *kitten*. If it wasn't over txt I would of punched him right then and there. That was at my lowest weight, when I was finally comfortable with my body.

Sounds like a *kitten*, good thing you missed out on that dude lol
  • MrsATrotta
    Options
    Well let's see while growing up I was called every version of fat you can think of by class mates so nothing surprises me now. Literally had a classmate call me michelin (bc the mascot for michelin is this white lumpy thing). One time I was talking to my grandmother and I was like "grandma, some people have been telling me lately I look like I lost weight" and she said "I don't know how ya don't do anything". That was about ten yrs ago. just the other day on Easter I was telling her how I had a handful of chips at my dads house and she said :A handful?" (Implying I probably ate way more than a handful..). Idk I'm so used to it that I just don't care anymore.. And now a days if a grown adult were to say something rude to me, I have a mouth on me so they better watch out!
  • TheEmi
    TheEmi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My grandma told me I would never marry because no man wanted a fat woman as a wife. As a child (9 or 10), that stung pretty horribly. However, as I grew up, I gained the perspective of time and maturity to realize she was speaking from her generation's ideas of beauty and femininity.

Elementary through senior high: thunder thighs. Hippo. Fat*ss. Fat wh*re. Buffalo. Chunky. I got jokingly propositioned a lot for dates just to see if I'd freak out. Senior year, I told my lead bully I would see him Friday at 7:30. That *kitten* stopped then and there.

During college, I was barked at while walking to my dorm. I got called all the same names. Being that I grew up with a parent with her own self esteem issues, I didn't have a healthy way of fighting back.

Now, I will embarrass someone if a comment is made about my weight. "Oh. My. God! I did not realize I am fat! YOU have opened my eyes to the misery of my fat, wasted life." All said with completely serious face. :D yes. I can be a d*ck, too.
  • theyrmysun
    theyrmysun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My friends father said that my boyfriend now husband, wouldn't be able to find my female parts (he used a rude word) because I gained weight.
  • zeeni26
    zeeni26 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ive had that happen to me but I take that as a compliment because when they run out of things to answer to my argument they comment on my appearance that to me means that they have realized that I am right and since they don't want to or cannot defend their argument they resort to commenting on my appearance. I have pcos and because of that I have hair thinning I like to wear wigs just so I don't damage my real hair more in a communication class we were having a debate and the person who was in the position against mine ran out of things to say so she said that at least I'm not obese and bald like u. To shut her up I said its cool I can always loose weight but the fact that u have to resort to commenting on my appearance clearly means u don't have a rebuttal to my argument and actually u don't know the facts I am not bald and at that point i took of my wig and I really have an abundance of hair so it was at that moment that the entire class was quiet you could literally hear a pin drop. I honestly think people who comment on other peoples appearance are insecure about their own bodies and need to take out their misery on other people. But it took me a couple of years of therapy and hard core depression to learn all of this.OP and any one else that has been made fun off because their appearance remember that the only opinion that matters is your own. If you are happy with your body and love your self none has the right to tell u to loose weight or gain weight the only reason u should change ur appearance is if u are doing it please ur self or for health reasons. My reasons for loosing weight are purely health related because I am severely insulin resistance and even though i was only 11 lbs overweight at my highest weight (171) i was in danger of developing diabetes 2 since it runs in my family and other issues with my pcps was acting up to so I decided to go back to my low carb lifestyle and have lost 13lbs in 27 days, I am extremely happy with the fact that I am out of the danger zone for diabetes and do not get dizzy every time I stand up
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I was only 9 the first time I cut myself.

Forgive me if this post is too long....I've been obese my entire life for as long as I can remember, and until joining this site I never knew I would ever be able to rant/vent/release my emotions about my weight. In any case if you read it, thanks. If you don't, I definitely understand because it's a lot of text LOL.

I was home schooled, so you'd think that would've spared me some childhood bullying. NOPE. Turns out church kids are just as bad as anyone else. So are the kids in karate class. And the kids at the school bus where I'd meet up with my public schooled friends in the afternoon. And that's just childhood. WELP... here it goes:

Around age 8 I had a very short haircut, I was taking karate classes and very tomboyish. Meeting up with friends at the school bus stop one afternoon, a girl yelled from the bus "hey are you a boy a girl?"... I was really confused, but just yelled back "A girl of course!" to which the girl replied at the top of her lungs "DID YOU SAY HIPPOPOTAMUS?"....The bus rode off with all the kids laughing at me, my so-called friends included. That was the first time I ever went home, alone, and REALLY felt a great sadness I'd never experienced before. The seclusion had begun.

It only got worse from there. Because of my height and weight I was moved up to the teenage class at my karate school. I was the only girl, and the youngest by at least 4 years. I was ganged up on, picked on, purposely roughed up during sparring matches. I was called everything from "pizza face" to "thunder thighs". I had boys approach me , poke at my fat and ask among each other if I was wearing a bra under my gi (uniform) or not, to which one boy yelled "Boobs don't count if you're a whale!"....

It got to a point where I'd always feel ill. Something was wrong with me, I felt like I was dying. I was so young I didn't know what depression was, and the few times I did voice my feeling of being sick to my parents I was either told to repent!... because whatever problem I had that wasn't a maimed limb or life threatening injury, God could take care of. If it wasn't that, it was "I think you're being a hypochondriac". I didn't know what that was, I just knew something was wrong with me, and no one was able to help.

I became extremely introverted and antisocial. I discovered AOL 3.0 and chat rooms where I could remain anonymous or be whoever I felt like being that day. Teenage years were rough, I only went to karate because I was forced to. Thankfully I was moved up again to the adult class, where people were still horrid only a bit more subtle about it.

My parents were BIG on church back then so I was there 2-3 times a week. I tried to spend most of the time at youth group by myself. During points in each meeting where I absolutely had to be around people, the experience always seemed less than pleasant. We had sports/games we were REQUIRED to participate in. No one wanted the fat girl on their dodge ball team. No one wanted to be strapped to the sweaty fat girl's leg for the 3-legged race. When we had lock-ins and sleepovers, I'd be in my sleeping bag in a corner while the other girls would be together in a tight-knit group having make-up parties and reading magazines.

Eventually I dropped out of almost everything, all in the same year. I stopped going to church and youth group, I stopped going to my karate class just weeks shy of being able to test for my 3nd dan black belt. And even though I was home schooled, I stopped doing school.

I did continue working however, jobs that didn't require a high school degree. I babysat for an in-home daycare from age 15 to 20. From 20 to 28 I worked in restaurants, came out of my shell and made friends, although I made myself the "fat funny loud friend" in every group I went through. There were still the occasional rude comments from customers and coworkers. I even had one customer tell my manager she didn't want me to be her server because I "looked sloppy and slow" and she was in a rush.

Recently I moved to a new state with my parents. I'm jobless, I'm insurance-less (which you know SUCKS when you're overweight with severe physical and mental health issues), and I'm starting over.

I turned 29 this week, but It feels as though I was just born.
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My (ex) boyfriend when i was 17 told me I was cute, but would be hot if I lost 5-10 vanity pounds. Mind you I was 5'3 and only like 135-140.

My mother used to make *****y comments to me too, like becareful, thats (food) going to catch up with you fast. Not everyone can wear cute clothes like that...are you sure you don't want to get a large. ect ect.
    And so became my self hating.

People are jerks.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    luckily for me my family has never in my life commented on my weight or made me feel less because of it ever

its always been strangers,acquaintances or "friends"

mooing at me, calling me a whale (whales are magical so like what?) telling me I would be so damn gorgeous if I lost weight

"man the harpoons" was popular too and also just blatant looks of disgust
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My step mother referred to me as a whale a few times and that really hurt. I'm very glad I moved out.
    Another one was a guy that I thought about dating. He told me his biggest fetish and when I said I wasn't comfortable with it he said that "It's only fair that you put up with it, if I have to be with a fat girl". He was such a *kitten*. If it wasn't over txt I would of punched him right then and there. That was at my lowest weight, when I was finally comfortable with my body.

Sounds like a *kitten*, good thing you missed out on that dude lol

He was such a piece of sh1t I didn't miss out on a thing. :smokin:
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I was 15/16 my friend's mum met me and instantly said "You can tell this one doesn't not eat!"
    It's not the worst thing on this forum, but hurt a hell of a lot, especially as I had an Eating Disorder at the time.

My Grandmother, every time we see her without fail, will always say "When I was younger I had your face, but was thin, like your sister." I'm sure she doesn't mean it in a horrible way, but it kills my every time, as I've always compared myself to my sister.

My Grandfather once said "You need to get some sun on that chubby little face of yours"

Grandmothers are always so rude with out even realizing it.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    "Dude.. you're strong as an ox and weigh twice as much. You should look into that."
  • amdied47
    amdied47 Posts: 10
    Options
    I went on a blind date and he said I was to fat to date.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I went on a blind date and he said I was to fat to date.

I don't even know what to say :explode:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what was said. It taught me an important lesson about people who are rude to me about weight or anything else.

They quickly exit my life and are barred from returning.
  • foreveraoi
    Options
    I would be mad if someone say such such things to me. shame on her
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No one has really made comments to me about my weight in my adult age, but I remember many hurtful things being said to me when I was younger. One that has stuck with me was when one of my peers said I would break my horses back because I'm so fat. That really hurt me because horseback riding was my one and only emotional and physical outlet at the time.

I don't understand why people think making weight comments, or any comments about appearance, is acceptable. You are a beautiful woman and that has nothing to do with how big or small you are.

Cultural differences definitely do exist, but this woman just sounds like a total moron with no social skills or just doesn't care how you feel. She's probably just extremely insecure herself and feels better when she makes others feel bad.

When I was living in Ecuador, a few people made comments about my weight, but I understood that it was just a cultural difference. At first it stung, but I actually started to grow a thicker skin and comments like that stopped bothering me!

I really can't believe those two didn't say anything to her though... that's even worse.
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cultural differences but I think there are much bigger differences between mainland Europe and the UK for example which like the US, is suffering an obesity epidemic so I don't think as many people will point stuff out.

There will always be those losers out there who will poke fun and jibe because they have never in their life understood what it is like to have a weight issue whether the person is too skinny or overweight.

A couple of times now I have been asked if I was pregnant because when I put weight on it goes very much to my stomach area. I find it more embarrassing than anything else because I know it means I am very overweight.
  • neonightangale
    Options
    Well before losing weight everyone at work talked about how i was a bit chunky and so When i got down to around 150 pounds everyone said i looked too skinny so i got lazy and gained it back. It was like i couldn't win either way, even now when when mom bought a whole chicken for the family I was told don't eat the whole thing. it got under my skin so I did not touch the chicken for a while. I ate only a little and let my dad eat the rest.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My sister married a wonderful man from India. His mother said to me when she first met me""my,my you had better hide your fork". At that point I wanted to stab her with it. She has seen me periodically and I am over 50 lbs thinner but she just can not shut up about mty weight. I am 35 lbs from goal. The last time we all had dinner together we ate at a really nice indian restaurant and she had the guts to tell me I should not have the rice. My husband then stepped in and told her he liked me just the way I was. I just have to learn some things never change...