Options
Spiritwarrior3000
Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
Who here cuts there own hair instead of going to the barbers? :drinker:

Replies

• emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I normally do... I just had a bit of a crisis 2 weeks ago and let a stylist have creative freedom.... :/ probably shouldn't have done that lol at least hair grows back
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I take care of my own elective surgery
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    chris-tucker-hell-no-gif.gif
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I really should go to the stylist but they always end up taking so much off! So I stick to snipping it myself, well, that and the rest of the families hair lol
  • Ivana_KillerBody
    Options
    lol, I do mine and I do my hubbies too. I'm not a hair dresser, but all you need is the right tools. They always went scizzor happy on mine, so I just got a CreaClip, and a clipper set for him. The hairdressers alway used to butcher his hair from some sort of a cookie cutter format they had, that didn't quite suit him. The last straw was when he paid waaay too much and found out later his hair length from left to right wasn't even :o
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Hairdressers are becoming ridiculously expensive and some of them are far too snipper happy lol...but I have to have mine done professionally at the salon as its so long and kind of hard to cut myself... but I would if I could.... But its the price I pay for long hair and I definately wouldn't want short hair again......

~Charlie
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I wish I could me hair by myself or trust my mom enough for her to do it. I usually go to the hair salon 2 to 3 times a year, so I'll splurge on that a bit. It's hard to find a good stylist that doesn't charge a lot amount imo.
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    This is my hair before hairdresser
    288745ca.jpg

And after.....
    imagejpg2_zps82367773.jpg

Huge pics :/
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    288745ca.jpg

And after.....

You look cute as a blond and as a brunette, but I do think it looked better longer.... and blondes do have more fun! :wink:
  • megskionslo
    Options
    I cut mine with a Flowbee at home; as an introvert, I don't really enjoy going to a salon.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    288745ca.jpg

And after.....

Huge pics :/

Wow, that's a dramatic change...I loved your long hair before and as a brunette you look good too...personally my hair is down to my butt and I wouldn't be able to cut it drastically so good for you for been brave enough to do so..eitherway you are gorgeous

~Charlie
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    Options
    Thanks :) I liked the change for a couple days, but I'm over it. And it's sooooo true blondes get noticed more lol.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I don't cut my own hair. Would be hard for me. D:

But I do dye my own hair.

I also cut my son's hair as well since I just do a simple buzz on him. (He is 2.)
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do all my own manscaping from head to toe ;)

Literally walking away from the computer now to go buzz my head.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just hate the Barbers messing up my hair so I do it myself. Also saves me waiting to go get it cut and saves money! :happy:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I do and so does my husband. He has a very short simple cut and uses clippers - which, with different settings, he uses on his impeccably groomed moustache and beard too.

I have been cutting my own (currently short) hair for about 14 years. Through long and short cuts, different styles, etc. I just eyeball it and use a hand mirror and patience to get the back just right.

Every couple of years I go to a new salon hoping to find a decent stylist and EVERY time - whether I pay $6 or $65 - I am disappointed beyond belief. The last time I went to a much nicer trendy salon and when I went back to work the next day, no one said anything...I thought it looked sort of uneven and "off" so I went home and fixed it myself and the following day everyone was complimenting my haircut LOL
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Every couple of years I go to a new salon hoping to find a decent stylist and EVERY time - whether I pay $6 or $65 - I am disappointed beyond belief. The last time I went to a much nicer trendy salon and when I went back to work the next day, no one said anything...I thought it looked sort of uneven and "off" so I went home and fixed it myself and the following day everyone was complimenting my haircut LOL

THIS - have spent 10-20-40-50 bucks , and it never is right the next day, and i end up hating it , waiting for it to grow..
    my DD did it last time , and it looked good, but now its at the wierd poodle stage( naturally wavy/frizzy)
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    I cut my own hair, bangs, and toenails.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    If I could find someone to shave my noggin I would have someone cut my hair.. but bald guys who walk into barbers get really funny looks round these parts!
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I always used too, but I haven't for about three years now because I like my hair loooooong. I would again if I ever changed my mind, although that's not likely to happen anytime soon.