C-section Success Stories??

I know there has been posts about this before but I can't find anything recent. I had an unscheduled C-section and I have been trying to lose the baby weight and pouch! My daughter is now 19m I still have 25lbs to go to be pre pregnancy (plus some)and I still look 4/5 month pregnant...so wondering if I can get some inspiration and motivation from you hard working mamas out there who have had c section success!

Thanks!!

Replies

• mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    BUMP
  • I had a scheduled C-Section (2 years ago). I am very familiar with that tummy pooch you speak of!! Before getting pregnant, I had a stomach so flat you could bounce quarters off of and I never thought I would ever get back to that again.

I was lucky in that I didn't get any stretch marks during pregnancy but that tummy pooch was seriously depressing :sad: I started incorporating strength training again last year and my stomach is now almost as flat as it once was. I don't eat processed foods (but I eat a lot of food - 1600+ cals/day because I lift). I chug water like there is no tomorrow. My cardio workouts these days are either a Jillian Michaels DVD or P90X3 (sometimes the elliptical) but strength training has made the world of difference to me. I also think genetics plays a part in this.

It's hard work (especially for me because I was a month away from turning 40 when I had my daughter), but you *can* get there!! Just don't give up! Work out, eat right and that weight will fall off and that pooch can disappear! You can do this and if you need encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend. I've been where you are and I know how difficult it is, especially when you have a baby to take care of. Just remember that you need to take time out to look after yourself too. Good luck!
  • Orangesky50
    Orangesky50 Posts: 10 Member
    My stomach looks awful and will always look awful, I think. I had and unscheduled, emergency c-section scar from my belly button down in a straight line. It looks like a second butte. It has never gone away. My stomach problem does not go away when I loose weight. I think that when they butcher us up like this, that our insurance should pay for plastic surgery to fix it. I had my daughter at 19 and now I am 50. However..... My daughter is 30, and the most beautiful woman I have ever met. It was worth the ugly tummy, I guess. : )
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    I feel your pain! I have had 4 c-sections, first was unplanned the rest were repeats. I absolutely agree with everything NoMoreStretch said. I was doing cardio and had no results. I've now been following New Rules of Lifting for Women and Im finally seeing results. I've only been lifting since the end of January but I've lost 2.5 inches just from my stomach. Results I feel like are slow but worth all the hard work.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    bump
  • lyndzi_page
    lyndzi_page Posts: 3 Member
    Glad your finally seeing results...keep up the good work
  • UFITYETXX
    UFITYETXX Posts: 38
    Ive had 2 c sections..first was when I was 22...last one I was 35...pooch with first one but not with the last one. I just had a fat stomach, but as soon as I started adding strength training, cardio and watching my calories I lost 3 inches off my waistline within first 2 weeks...for you nrolw ladies do you do it at home or at the gym??
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    i would love to see some success photo's to. I had a c-section last year (just over a year now) and have starting getting back into shape few weeks ago. Ive got a long way to go. I gained 3 stone. and defo have a pouch. Im going on holiday end of august would like to see it strunk a bit before then. Ill be wearing a tankini though so i can hide it. Could i soo would love to drop as much as i can off before hand. and carrying it on after to
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I had a csection in 2005 when I gave birth to full term twins. So unfortunately I am not a success story, I had a lot of extra skin, stretch marks, and separated ab muscles. After losing the weight I decided to have a tummy tuck. I am 4 months post op and it's the best thing I ever did for myself.

That said, I was a special case... twins and genetics! I think if you keep to your weight loss goals and start lifting weights you will see a lot of progress in your abdominal area. I know I did, I just couldn't recover enough.

Good luck.
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    i have had 2- my most recent being 6 months ago. The first time around I started really getting into fitness and by 2 years after I had almost a 6 pack. It took a lot of work but its totally doable. Trying to get back at it this time around! Good luck and you can do it!!
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    I had a c-section, my daughter is 13 months and i've posted my success story on here called "32lbs lost! From 182 to 151lbs" (yes I realize now that the math wasn't added right lol) with pictures. But I do have abs that are started to protrude, I worked very hard but yes it is possible!
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    I have had 2 c-sections and from experience all I can say is that it takes time. BUT, make sure you are eating good nutritious foods and drinking LOTS of water. I believe what helped me the first time to shrink my belly was the water. I say the first time because my daughter is 7 months old and I am currently on this journey again :)

This photo just shows you that it can shrink {this was after my first c-section where I had gained 80lbs with that pregnancy}.

e9aab1da-d7e1-4575-844f-7fa07e203093_zps7f30fc41.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    bump
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    bump
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    CAM01921_zpsol50qtsh.jpg

I've had 3 c-sections in the last 10 years, the most recent was ten-and-a-half pounds. This pic was taken 20 months later. My waist is 30 inches.

CAM01991_zpsaql2a8nd.jpg

Jan 2014, in my pre-pregnancy jeans.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Bump. Ive had 3 c-sections, one an extra large incision for transverse twins.
  • dixiewhiskey
    I have two children.. one vaginal birth, second is c-section. This is a work in progress

Left pic is Day 1 @ 181.5lbs, 32%BF
    Right pic is Day 107 (Today) @ 177.5lbs, 22.5%BF

72f25a8d-714b-4bb8-8536-65d6bd3ff572_zps9c6fd37b.jpg
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member

CAM01921_zpsol50qtsh.jpg
    I've had 3 c-sections in the last 10 years, the most recent was ten-and-a-half pounds. This pic was taken 20 months later. My waist is 30 inches.

[img][/img]CAM01991_zpsaql2a8nd.jpg

Jan 2014, in my pre-pregnancy jeans.

Trying to fix my pics!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I know there has been posts about this before but I can't find anything recent. I had an unscheduled C-section and I have been trying to lose the baby weight and pouch! My daughter is now 19m I still have 25lbs to go to be pre pregnancy (plus some)and I still look 4/5 month pregnant...so wondering if I can get some inspiration and motivation from you hard working mamas out there who have had c section success!

Thanks!!
    Not a momma but a daddy that had a surgery that was a little more evasive than a c-section but basically the same thing at age 40.

You can tighten things up as you go, you just have to be very patient and lose the fat through your diet.

The thing that assisted the diet was to do squats and deadlifts with a barbell and heavy weights.

I have a couple pics on my profile that might inspire you if you care to look.

:)
  • tavamynt
    tavamynt Posts: 5 Member
    That happened to me too. I feel the same way about insurance should cover plastic surgery. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!