best dvds to tone at home? need to lose belly

Options
I've been lifting for 4 months and have not seen any changes even though I was progressivly loading and eating a 15% deficit every single day. There are no such things as spot reduction but there must be other exercises that may help, otherwise trainers wouldn't look so good! I'm getting really thin and toned everywhere yet the stomach has not budged. So any dvds that has helped you lose the bellyand get toned?

Replies

• quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump
  • as124
    as124 Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been doing yoga for my core. I can't see the results very well because I still have a lot of fat. But my core feels much stronger, so I guess that's something. I love psyche truth's youtube channel. Tons of stuff for beginners.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's all about the calorie deficit. well, maybe 90% about the calorie deficit. you slim down by watching what you eat, and being patient. those trainers look good because they've done that. and not every trainer out there is an adonis. i've seen some chunky trainers.
  • BrittDoesIt
    BrittDoesIt Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jillian micheals 30 day shred! seriously I loved it, and I am about to start it again, I gained so much strength!
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think Joseph Pilates was a hands-down genius. The pilates power pro gym is awesome, and the DVD's that go with it, are awesome, too! I picked one up from Craigs list for 50 bucks. It's great because you don't have to lie on the floor to do crunches and you are moving your body-weight every time you do one. The slower you do the crunches, the tighter your abs become. The other great thing is that it will slide under most beds/tables, whatever. Brilliant!
  • corporatehippie
    Options
    Insanity by Shawn T! I've been doing it for 2 weeks - definitely the most intense exercise I have ever done, and I've been very active all my life
  • FollowYourArrow8
    FollowYourArrow8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love any Jillian Michaels for toning; No More Trouble Zones, Ripped in 30, Shred it With Weights or Extreme Shed & Shred. She's awesome!
  • quest67
    Options
    it's all about the calorie deficit. well, maybe 90% about the calorie deficit. you slim down by watching what you eat, and being patient. those trainers look good because they've done that. and not every trainer out there is an adonis. i've seen some chunky trainers.

So its mainly a calorie deficit fir a flat tummy?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Define tone...
  • quest67
    Options
    Define tone...

No jiggle in the belly
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

yes.

and squats and dead lifts.
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Turbofire has core workouts.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This
  • quest67
    Options

yes.

I thought there were no exercises that help one spot?
  • mbw5680
    mbw5680 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Beachbody 21 Day fix and am seeing abs underneath my belly fat after 3 weeks or so (slowly.) Being a woman I'm going to have to lose a lot of weight before I lose the post-baby belly but I'm definitely toning the muscles underneath! Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

yes.

you're right. squats and dead lifts help a lot of the spots.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Why is it when ppl ask.serious questions in search for ideas or help, idiots always have to leave a smart *kitten* remark :angry:

now that you're name calling, guess what you look like?
  • quest67
    Options

Why is it when ppl ask.serious questions in search for ideas or help, idiots always have to leave a smart *kitten* remark :angry:

now that you're name calling, guess what you look like?

Honestly I get fustrated cause this is supposed to be a site to help each other, not joke around when someone asks for help
  • quest67
    Options

yes.

Does it have to help one spot in order to help this one?

In answer to your question though, no, those thousands of crunches aren't melting fat off your belly, but squats and deadlifts do improve your core strength, so that you have something stronger revealed once the fat is off the belly.

Additionally, I will tell you that the vast majority of women who post belly pics on here have horrendous posture, that they stand swayback so that their bellies are thrust out, and that improved posture alone (which core strength assists with) would really improve the situation.

Thank you