Desperately need low impact exercise accountability partner

Options
I have terminal cancer, am severely anemic, as well suffer bone pain due to the cancer and treatment. I need to do low-impact cardio (walking, perhaps 2.0 - 2.5 miles per hour). This is necessary to strengthen my heart.

I need an daily-exercise-accountability partner. I would not ask if I did not need it, but I do. I would be grateful as I reach out to "someone" that you be willing to help me by encouraging me to move and as you do. Remember it has to be low-impact for me and I am looking to do 10-15 minutes a day and working up to 30.

I really need assistance and someone who is going to stick with daily.

If you are one to help me, please write me and let's become exercise friends. I have to 100lbs to lose, but more importantly I have to improve my heart health. A heart attack with kill me before my cancer does if I do not do better:brokenheart: .

Kind regards,

Krystal

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • Harry_jazzhands
    Options
    Have you thought about cycling? its extremely low impact and loads of fun :)

hope you stay strong <3
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your battle. You sound determined though. Sending you a friend request.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have terminal cancer, am severely anemic, as well suffer bone pain due to the cancer and treatment. I need to do low-impact cardio (walking, perhaps 2.0 - 2.5 miles per hour). This is necessary to strengthen my heart.

I need an daily-exercise-accountability partner. I would not ask if I did not need it, but I do. I would be grateful as I reach out to "someone" that you be willing to help me by encouraging me to move and as you do. Remember it has to be low-impact for me and I am looking to do 10-15 minutes a day and working up to 30.

I really need assistance and someone who is going to stick with daily.

If you are one to help me, please write me and let's become exercise friends. I have to 100lbs to lose, but more importantly I have to improve my heart health. A heart attack with kill me before my cancer does if I do not do better:brokenheart: .

Kind regards,

Krystal

Well girlfriend...put on those walking shoes and let's get walking!

I was where you are a year ago...100lbs to lose...sedentary...and could barely make it a mile...and believe me...it was a slow mile. I just kept at it...endured the aching hips, knees, ankles and feet. I have lost 65 of that hundred pounds and think nothing of walking 5 miles now.

When I couldn't get out I used this tape at home...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2gn6-w0dE

It might be a little fast for you at first but you can always go at a slower pace and leave out the knee lifts if that is too much.

I am a bit of a loner but your story touched me...I would be honored to help. I have lost several internet friends to cancer over the years...maybe this is a way that I can honor their memory.

One foot in front of the other...that is all you have to do...and then do it again.
  • kadsmaller
    kadsmaller Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I will put one foot in front of another today-don't want to, but I feel compelled to by what you've said and the encouragement. I will write this this evening to share how it went.

Kind regards.
  • kadsmaller
    Options
    Thank you for the friend request. I wrote to someone else that i am going to try to move today, rather I will move today and write later. I need the accountability help.

Kind regards.
  • kadsmaller
    Options
    I had not thought of cycling, afraid of falling and haven't gotten on a bike in 20 years. It is my goal to get on one, perhaps as I improve cardiovascularly (sp) ???
  • kadsmaller
    Options
    Thank you, loads.
  • pattyebricker
    pattyebricker Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Would love to be friends. I am much older than you (65 years old) but am trying hard to improve my heart health and lose 80lbs. I joined curves last Monday and was not able to complete the 30 min work out. I am too out of shape. I am going to keep trying and go at it slow. I also found a group of women that are my age that walk at the community center. I want to walk with them on Tuesday and Thursday (the days I don't go to Curves). Last time I was there only lasted 7 min but I am planning to go back again this week. I need encouragement too. I know we can do this. Losing weight, eating healthy and exercise and we will live a long active life. That's what I want.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had not thought of cycling, afraid of falling and haven't gotten on a bike in 20 years. It is my goal to get on one, perhaps as I improve cardiovascularly (sp) ???

What about an exercise bike? Low impact and no risk of falling.

I have 80 pounds to lose and will walk as my form of exercise. Sending a friend request.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Have sent FR. One of my main exercises is walking x
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have to be low-impact myself as I have a hip replacement and IF IT EVER STOPS SNOWING OR RAINING, my goal is walk. We're in the same time zone so we can virtually walk together each morning. It would be an honor to work with you on your way to better health as we both reach our goals. In any case, best wishes to you!
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you tried an adult trike? I have a balance disorder and can't ride a regular bike. I was a little embarrassed at first because it made me feel like an old person! But being out in the fresh air, hearing the birds and feeling the little breeze in my hair makes me happy! And I have had many people ask where I got it, or turn around and look back as I rride by!
    I have so much respect for your determination and courage-bless you!
    Feel free to friend me
    Sheila