30 Day Shred (Sucess...sorta)

Options
Siriku
Siriku Posts: 22 Member
30DSresultsD1.png

30DSresultsD30.png

Day 1-30 photos.

I'll be honest, I hoped for more visually noticeable results given the great pictures others have posted. However they had more to lose; as I'm only 10 pounds or so away from my goal, I shouldn't be surprised at little change. From an aesthetic viewpoint, I failed.

However strength wise I consider it a mild success. I improved in Level 1 and 2; feeling gradually less exhausted and doing all the advanced exercises. Level 3 was more difficult; I had trouble with one plank exercise (the one you use weights and lift arms/legs) and was all over the place with that, right to the end. It also taught me some new resistance exercises which no doubt I will use in the future.

Though my waist reduction must definitely be due to 30DS, I think my arm/chest increase are from the weight lifting sessions I do on the side. The 30DS is good for building endurance, but the weights used are too low to add mass (though I didn't expect to, I think it's still worth making that disclaimer).

Do I feel the 30DS was worth it? Definitely! If nothing else, it can help you get into an exercise routine and mindset, and you will notice improvements in strength and endurance. Just don't expect a miracle if you're already somebody who exercises frequently, or is as low a weight as I am.

Replies

• kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred now and I hope i can see results at the end of the 30 days. You are already so small maybe thats why its not that noticeable in the pictures. I'm use to exercising but i am definitely using muscles i haven't worked as hard as i am in the video. Congrats on your success in doing the shred.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    You look great! You can definitely see a lot more definition :smile:
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I can see more definition in your abs and your arms/shoulder look stronger and more defined. Congratulations!
    Have you picked something else to do next? I am half way through 30DS now and contemplating other options for when I am done.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You have a much more defined 6 pack! I have been thinking about buying this to try with my husband.
  • Siriku
    Siriku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :). Glad others can see some improvement. For comparison, this is what I looked like when I was 10 pounds lighter. I'd like to get back to this in a month or two:

feb2012.jpg

I've been considering doing 6 week 6 pack next, although I am looking at several ab programs and the results people are getting before I choose one. I may end up doing one without a video, so I can listen to my own music throughout, rather than Jillian repeating the same thing 10 times in a row.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!