My first outdoor 5km run! Yay.

Options
2»

Replies

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And don't skimp on the shoes. They will save you a lot of agony, including your shins.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! There is no better feeling in the world than running your first 5k!

Asics Gel are reasonable! I love them!
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Its a great milestone.Well done!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm doing The Color Run with my DD this summer and am training for it now. I'm not a runner either so I'm hoping to be able to do the full distance without stopping (I don't care about the time....at this point anyways).

I wear Brooks & love them. I have to wear orthotics in my shoes for tendonitis and used to be able to wear anything but not I pay the extra money so my feet don't hurt. I used to wear Asics regularly but I couldn't get them in my size one time so I went with the Brooks and they are wonderful!!

Contrats again and I have a feeling this won't be your only 5k!!
  • srrrsly
    srrrsly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sweet! I just did my first on Sunday - feeling really accomplished. Now I understand why people say you will get hooked on running
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the run!
  • roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember my first outdoor run last summer. Now I've completed my first 5k race and am going in my 2nd in 2 weeks. :) Speed will come.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Something you should definitely be proud of,

I've always said I wasn't a runner. Never tried, so I had not real way of knowing. But, my friends convinced me to sign up for a 5k race. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to just give the C25K app a try. I ended up chucking the app and running 4 miles. I was SHOCKED. I had no clue I could do that.

Keep at it. I've found that the more you get out and run, the easier it gets. I also have the MapMyRun app on my phone. It's set to tell me every quarter mile my pace, time, etc. That's been a great motivator to push a little harder.
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Slow or not, it's not a competition and every single step is an achievement and a move in the right direction to a healthier you! Go girl :wink:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great achievement! Congratualtions!