Starting 2 workouts a day with prayer

Options
2»

Replies

• LessisBestforMe
    LessisBestforMe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you 2 workouts a day with prayer, I am going to start to turn to God for guidance...I have been struggling too long!
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i concur that this post can stay right here in the main forum. i mean, he is looking for Motivation and Support right?? (not really looking for an answer to this question) once again the Christians can be quiet and move to your private forums so not to offend anyone. everyone else be loud and proud. if you don't like the topic....move along please. otherwise be positive and supportive.

It is actually against community guidelines.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.
    and i don't see where this is a divisive topic. it has been very inclusive. many aspects of prayer, meditation, etc. have been invited and involved.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi Pals, I've started today with 2 workouts a day. So far so good. I've also felt compelled to pray not just about my weight but also about other aspects of my life. God has always been a big part of my life. I know with hard work, dedication, and faith all things are possible. Just wondering if any other pals are using prayer to help them in their journey?

That's a great idea! Thank you for the reminder; sometimes remembering that we're not in this alone is wonderful, and I'm going to start doing this too.

Don't let the haters get you down; they'll make anything decisive if they don't agree with you, or worse, they'll make fun of you.

Best wishes in your journey!
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    Has anyone seen the film "God is not dead"? It has a very strong message and based on true story...The truth is the truth...and it does set us free...with that....

Pretty much sums up what people call divisive (the movie plot)--divisive is fear/anger/mistrust/distrust/greed/jealousy/envy etc ...Love is inclusive....not fear. God is love and with that said, its a freedom we have in the USA still...no reason to hide it ...Jesus is the healer, there is so much tied up in weight loss, addictions, better health, our very lives...relationships...God is at the center of it all there is physical/material and spiritual...Our bodies, health, every breathe is a gift...Our body is a temple where the holy spirit resides..our bodies are amazing, its ability to carry us, repair, build, give life etc..thanks be to God. This is all in response to the OP and those that are interested, just like other forums about various diets, exercise plans and motivators....we can chose to read, believe or follow...My faith is a major motivator and help to my overall health...with that gratitude & support for poster and inquiry
  • TangibleTania
    TangibleTania Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved your post. It is nice to find other people that believe in prayer. I just want to say that I was listening to some Toby Mac while I was on my brisk walk today and I decided to jog for a minute...I had just asked God to help me with all my exercise for the day....hehehe....I am NOT a jogger...but I loved the feeling I was doing something good for me and that God is there to help me reach my goals.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your post as well, and agree with a lot of the comments here. I also start each day with prayer and often pray before and/or during most of my workouts. It's a shame that in this country's attempt to be more "diverse" and "open minded" to all the other religions we have to shut down or put down Christianity.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I pray throughout each and every day. Big part of my life and who I am. Strange that I haven't thought about prayer before exercise. Well, it starts now, thank you!
    I don't understand why people have to comment if they don't like something. Just move on. Why call people out if their beliefs don't fit yours?
    Great subject, great post.
    Have a blessed day to you all!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I too pray.. Trying to take better care of this body because my grandmother used to say. "Take care of your body because it is the vehicle that carries your soul around". I thought it was funny but now knows what she meant. I will never be ashamed because of my faith. Thanks for posting this..
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I too pray.. Trying to take better care of this body because my grandmother used to say. "Take care of your body because it is the vehicle that carries your soul around". I thought it was funny but now knows what she meant. I will never be ashamed because of my faith. Thanks for posting this..

That's a neat thing that she said. One of the main reasons I am on this journey is that I always felt badly about not taking better care of my body.