hcg diet?

Options
Has anyone tried it and has it worked? It seems interesting? But I want to know reviews and side effects. :/

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble:

ETA: Side effects, hair falls out, screw up metabolism, lose a ton of muscle
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    DOUBLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Never tried it. This whole calorie counting hokus pokus is working well for me.

My ex husband tried it. Lost some weight then gained it all back. He said he is sorry he spent the money.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Reported as these kind of threads aren't allowed. :flowerforyou:

OP: FWIW, the HCG diet is very dangerous. The HCG does NOTHING, the 500 calorie/day diet will. It will also make you lose your muscle, fatigue you, make your hair fall out, etc etc.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    NO...JUST NO

HCG has you on a 500-600 a day diet...which is not supported in these forums at all, by the users or the owners of this site.

It is not the HCG that causes weight loss it is the huge dangerous deficet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Reported as these kind of threads aren't allowed. :flowerforyou:

OP: FWIW, the HCG diet is very dangerous. The HCG does NOTHING, the 500 calorie/day diet will. It will also make you lose your muscle, fatigue you, make your hair fall out, etc etc.

This!^ .............except the reporting part....all ready taken care of.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. I tried it a few years back. It just messed with me mentally and physically and I ended up gaining about 25lbs while on it and getting off of it.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Tried it, lost weight, felt like I was dying, gained it all back. Awful awful awful.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would not try it again. I thought it sounded like a good idea one time, because they said they weight you lose doesnt' come back. The diet is very strict and hard to follow and the hcg does not make you feel good. i quit after 3 days, so didn't see any real weight loss, but had a friend do it with success, but all of her weight did end up coming back. No fads, just eat healthier and excercise!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No. It's bad. Really bad.

Also, IBTL...which should be here any minute now...because HCG.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    go for healthy weight loss, OP.
    there's a ton of info in the threads.

this thread will likely get nuked, as diets like this are unhealthy and against site policy.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Real HCG requires a medical prescription. It is not allowed to be sold/listed as a weight loss drug because it has failed to prove results. A doctor can prescribe for off label usage, including weight loss, but the fact that it is not allowed to be advertised/listed as a weight loss drug should give you a pretty good idea that it isn't a great option.

The "over the counter" HCG is not the real hormone, at least not in Canada or the US (I also believe UK but not 100%) since it is not legal for sale without a prescription in these places. You are basically paying to take a placebo and eating 500 calories a day.

Either way, I'm out.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    HCG is the hormone in preggo lady pee that tells the preggo test that she is in fact preggo.....last time I checked, pregnant chics don't tend to LOSE weight....the only reason you lose on this "plan" is you are willingly developing an eating disorder by eating 500 calories a day.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I understand why threads promoting dangerous diets aren't allowed by why aren't threads asking for advice on them are?

I mean the point is to have people avoid and not consider these diets right? Isn't a thread of someone asking about a diet and providing information on why its a bad idea useful to the community?

Not sure why this is reportable in otherwords. Making something so taboo that it cannot even be discussed causes more problems than it solves.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

In for the Geordi La Forge .gif (and hopefully more Star Trek related content)

To OP: Never done it (no room in my tiny budget for dangerous fad diets), but I would recommend good old fashion calorie counting and exercise.
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you do what you know you need to do.....

EAT HEALTHY AND RIGHT PORTIONS

EXERCISE

there is no magic pill or shot....

HCG puts you at 500 calories.....anyone would lose weight at that level.

Do it slow, get healthy and strong, keep it off the right way
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I understand why threads promoting dangerous diets aren't allowed by why aren't threads asking for advice on them are?

I mean the point is to have people avoid and not consider these diets right? Isn't a thread of someone asking about a diet and providing information on why its a bad idea useful to the community?

Not sure why this is reportable in otherwords. Making something so taboo that it cannot even be discussed causes more problems than it solves.

Asking about it isn't promoting it, but eventually you'll get some strong first posters popping in and THEY will be the ones trying to promote and encourage this. And this (HCG), per the CG, has been deemed a promotion of unhealthy weight loss practices.

So the locking/nuking of threads asking about HCG isn't what causes the thread to be reportable. It's what usually ends up happening in regards to people who start promoting HCG. That's why the thread gets reported. To get dealt with before that escalation (and yes, it has happened that often).
This discussion has been closed.