What's the best SMALL change you've made?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...let me think on that one. Non diet related, I think the best Small change I've made lately is when I gave my hubby the $3 bucks in my wallet in exchange for his two $20's. :bigsmile:

That's a WIN in my book.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water. I have no idea how I survived on how little water I used to drink.

Listening to my cravings intelligently! If I've been having serious sugar temptations, I'll start eating a sweeter breakfast like Nutella on an english muffin to keep me from craving desserts the rest of the day; if I've been craving salt, I'll have scrambled egg whites; if I constantly want to snack, I'll eat something protein-rich like peanuts so I'll feel full longer, etc. Denying myself treats completely just makes me want them more, so I try to find a way to work them into my day in a healthy, smart way, and since what you eat at breakfast affects your attitude towards food all day, I like to get them in as early as possible so I won't binge later.

On a related note, listening to my feelings about food in general has been a great change for me. Recently I noticed I was having a harder and harder time sticking to 1300 calories a day, and my weight loss had slowed significantly, so I upped my calorie goal to 1500 and I've been much happier and gone back to losing at a decent rate.
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cutting out artificial sweeteners, coffee and fizzy drinks has reduced my cravings and anxiety. I am a firm believer that artificial sweetness and caffeine confuses my brain.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I make sure to not eat the entire cake anymore!
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No soda
  • klc1408
    klc1408 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carrying around a 32 ounce water bottle. During the day (at work, running errands, etc.) I will put slices of fruit in and it helps curb cravings for sweet snacks.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    To me it started as a small change, but has become the biggest change I have made in 11 years. I put me back on my priority list.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I stop drinking Starbucks latte's.. Drink coffee at home with a splash of flavored creamer.
    I stopped eating processed foods.
    When eating out I choose better choice and take 1/2 of it home.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Seriously cutting down on pop, I'll drink it once a week, if that. Also I've quit going to buffet restaurants because every time I go, I feel I have to "get my moneys worth" so I eat way too much

oh god the amount of food i would eat at buffets before i changed my lifestyle.... makes me cringe just thinking about it
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No more coffee drinks
    No eating out unless traveling
    No desserts
    Gluten free
    Portion control
  • Lisacare
    Lisacare Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not eating after 7pm.... made alot of changes in my life, this is the most recent and has made a huge differance
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    cutting out artificial sweeteners
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating fast food. I haven;t eaten fast food in more than a year! :-D really helped. I also learned how to say NO when someone offers me food lol. cause I used to accept food even when i'm not hungry because.... i just LOVED eating a lot! now I decline when someone offer me pizza or chocolates or whatever bad food there is specially when I just had my cheat day. one more change is taking the stairs everytime and stopped taking shortcuts when walking around
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    cutting out sugar (with the exception of yesterday I mindlessly ate some gummy things) chips and colas
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Cutting the sugar out of my tea and switching it up with flavored green tea (pineapple is my fave)
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Eating slowly and paying attention to what I'm eating. No TV or other distractions, but pay attention to the food in my mouth. Less distraction, the less scarfing of food.

And to tell myself if I'm no longer hungry that it is okay to leave food on my plate. My mother is no longer around to ensure I clean up every bit.
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No sodas and no caffeinated products at all. Stopping caffeine had less to do with weight loss and more to do with the fact I was drinking so many cups of coffee and tea I wasn't getting a boost of energy from the caffeine. I could have drank a pot of coffee and immediately lain down for a nap. I spent a week snarling at people and dozing off, but now I feel more energetic than I ever have. Also, now if I actually NEED a little boost, a cup of coffee will actually do it's job. Bonus: less coffee drove me to drink more water.

THIS ^ is an amazing Idea. I drink about 3-4 cups a day and stop at noon and drink water from then on. But I could drink so much more without it. I am just so scared of what would happen if I left coffee. I am scared that I wouldnt have energy at all... :(
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Getting a fitbit this past December. This has changed my activity level tremendously. I am constantly challenging my self to move more. This has led to going to the gym nearly every day and I feel so much better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!