How long did it take to reach your goal?

I am 5'2" and pre pregnancy I weighed 159. I had just lost like 40 lbs. AHHHH and I gave birth at 241. Current weight is 174 and I have a long way to go for a goal weight of 120. I am new to my fitness pal so please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and advise I can get. I saw my Dad pass away a few years back and gained 80 pounds. I was always small through high school and was a cheerleader. now I run from people I went to school with and avoid crowded places. I want to be able to look in the mirror and recognize the reflection. I have not felt confident in myself in over 7 years. Please help! Realistically is this possible and how long will it take me?

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    I am 5'2" and pre pregnancy I weighed 159. I had just lost like 40 lbs. AHHHH and I gave birth at 241. Current weight is 174 and I have a long way to go for a goal weight of 120. I am new to my fitness pal so please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and advise I can get. I saw my Dad pass away a few years back and gained 80 pounds. I was always small through high school and was a cheerleader. now I run from people I went to school with and avoid crowded places. I want to be able to look in the mirror and recognize the reflection. I have not felt confident in myself in over 7 years. Please help! Realistically is this possible and how long will it take me?

Yes it is possible.
    It is a life change, it took you years to put on that weight, and it will take more then a few days/weeks/months to get off!

Read this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

And this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you want more read these
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Good luck on your journey!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    It took me a year to lose 50 pounds, I am your height.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    I am 5'2" and started at 158.8 in Sept. GW is 120 also. Not there yet! …..8 months and counting….Good Luck!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    I keep adjust my goals, so I haven't reached them yet. On the other hand, I'm quite happy where I am now compared to where I was. I am 1 lb from my original goal weight. It took me 16 months to get here. I am in no rush to get to my final goals, once I fully figure them out. Now, as long as I am improving as far as strength and appearance, no matter how slowly, everything is fine with me.

I expect the same will be true for you too. Set reasonable goals and a reasonable time to get there. Realize that this isn't a diet to a set point and then go back to what you were doing before. This is for life. So make it livable.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    375 -> 215 15 months
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    HOLY CRAP.....159 to 241?? I'm scared now, since started pregnancy at 158 and have already gained too much at 15 weeks. How much? I'm too embarrassed to say. I gained 60 with my first though and 50 with my second, and ended up 111 pounds above a healthy BMI at my highest non-pregnant weight. I had lost all but 9 pounds when I got pregnant with this one, and that loss took me over 6 years! I could have gone faster, but I wasn't 100% committed, obviously.

You can do it though, just don't let the big number discourage you. Take it one day at a time in moderation and you will get there.
  • tnp223
    tnp223 Posts: 11 Member
    I was placed on bed rest at 6 months. I was a high risk pregnancy and developed toxemia around the seventh month. I gained like 7 pounds in 48 hours toward the end.
  • tnp223
    tnp223 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I do need to just take it slow and realize this is forever and make it to accommodate me. I will work on that,
  • I had a high pregnancy weight gain as well. With my first son, I went from 146 to 204. Then with my second son, I went from 186 to 254. I wish you the best.
  • bwats33
    bwats33 Posts: 25 Member
    Still going, but I'll hit the 3 month mark in a couple days and have lost around 28 lbs so far. Only 7 to go!! (Assuming I don't drop my goal again when I hit that weight)