Down 62lbs and just finished a half marathon!

Options
About 1.5 years ago I decided to start working out and eating a clean diet. My family went on a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN and we decided to go hiking. We started up this HALF MILE mountain. I couldn't do it. I had to stop and turn around. That lead to my "before" pic. Hope this works. I've never posted a pic before on here!

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/mandy2128/before1_zpsb5264002.jpg

Yikes! So.. my husband and I started running. I also included T25 and Turbo Fire into my training. Yesterday, I finished my first half marathon! I'm now down 62 pounds. I still have a bit to go but I'm getting there!

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/mandy2128/half_zps90bd6204.jpg

My body has never been so sore. A half marathon is hard work. But I'm so proud of crossing over the finish line. :) Keep pushing hard everyone! We can do this!! :)

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's awesome :)
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And congrats on the run!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    About 1.5 years ago I decided to start working out and eating a clean diet. My family went on a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN and we decided to go hiking. We started up this HALF MILE mountain. I couldn't do it. I had to stop and turn around. That lead to my "before" pic. Hope this works. I've never posted a pic before on here!

before1_zpsb5264002.jpg

Yikes! So.. my husband and I started running. I also included T25 and Turbo Fire into my training. Yesterday, I finished my first half marathon! I'm now down 62 pounds. I still have a bit to go but I'm getting there!

half_zps90bd6204.jpg

My body has never been so sore. A half marathon is hard work. But I'm so proud of crossing over the finish line. :) Keep pushing hard everyone! We can do this!! :)

Congrats :)
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congratulations on all your successes :-) Very inspirational.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And you lost it the healthy way, while exercising! Great work!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats on your half!! I was at that expo Saturday - small world! :wink:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Two great accomplishments! You've obviously worked hard, and it has paid off! :drinker:
  • Alexandra_S
    Alexandra_S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing change! Congrats!
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome! Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment! You look great. :)
  • jabrat
    jabrat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Down 50 pounds and loving it - I was a woman that could not walk down the street without being out of breath ! Now after the 50 pounds I am running/jogging on the treadmill with Mr. Bit - (Fitbit) - I owe it to my Facebook group and Leaderboard group on the Fitbit site.
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Well done you!
  • mandy2128
    mandy2128 Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)

And thanks Josh for fixing my pics. :)

Kimbie- it is a small world!! Great expo! Great race!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first half marathon ...That is a fantastic accomplishment!! You look great , keep the good work!
  • mandy2128
    mandy2128 Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    congrats to you, you look great!
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment. Not only great for yourself, but you're helping inspire others on here as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!