When to exercise?!

Options
Hey Guys! Just wanted to get your input on when you think is the best time to exercise...I work first shift 6:30 to 2:30 and get home no later than 3:30 daily. I normally do it around 5 or 6 pm but tonight I put it off til 10 pm. Just want an idea of what time is best...Thanks! :)

Replies

• stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is when you know you'll do it. As much as I hate dragging my butt to the gym at the crack of dawn, I know that I will make excuses not to go after work. I always feel so happy when I've completed my workout and I know it isn't hanging over my head.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    When the classes you like are available! My MA classes are in the evenings. I make it a priority to go but I love kick boxing so it's no great sacrifice!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I exercise when I can. I get up at 5:15 am so I won't workout then. I usually workout at 4:30 after work so I can decompress a little bit. There are times I won't exercise until 6:00 pm tho so it's open for me.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. I exercise around 5am just because that's the only time I'm able to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    When you're able to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The time of day really doesn't matter in an abstract sense.

Just find a timeslot that you can do regularly. Consistency helps in making it happen every day.
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree - exercise when ever you will do it. I rarely exercise before 10 pm. I used to plan to get up before work, but that is jut not who I am.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Any time. It doesn't matter when you do it as long as you do it.
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!