Help! Desperately want to get back on track!

Options
2»

Replies

• talentedmom56
    talentedmom56 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK> I ahve to fess up. I went wild the last four days. Celebrations, lunches out, dinner with friends OUT! I gained 4 pounds. I am back on tract today. AT this second in time I am on my food plan. Praying that it continues.
    Anyone else need to fess up? I'm here.
    Candace
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OK> I ahve to fess up. I went wild the last four days. Celebrations, lunches out, dinner with friends OUT! I gained 4 pounds. I am back on tract today. AT this second in time I am on my food plan. Praying that it continues.
    Anyone else need to fess up? I'm here.
    Candace

More than likely that's just water weight...
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am trying to avoid the "on the wagon" and "off the wagon" and "back on track" and "got off track" mentality. Dieting has some ups and downs but if you think all is lost because you have "gone off the wagon" then I tend to think it just won't work out in the end. Because it will be too easy to see a day or two of slipups as a sign of failure and to just give up. If you think of losing weight as naturally having ups and downs I think that is more sustainable for you to ride out the downs in your motivation and plough on through the more difficult times.
    I am trying to say that an "on or off" mentality actually creates failure, in some way.
    You don't have to be perfect to lose weight, you just have to do better.
    I also had a diet pause when my mom was ill and sick. I have forgiven myself for it, and hope you will too because forgiving yourself for whatever diet train wrecks you have been in the past is key to being able to move on in my opinion. My mom in heaven is pulling for me to achieve the best me I can be, and I bet your folks are too!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options

We can wish all we want to that we would like to be like those "size one civilians" who don't have to watch what they eat and log every little morsel that passes through their lips. Well, "be like them" sometimes gets confused with wanting to "punch their lights out" when they "forgot" to eat lunch!! LOL

Regardless...if I'm going to lose weight, it's up to me to do it. Nobody else.

LOL, I LIKE you! :drinker:

Also, sorry about your Dad. :frown:
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    You have to make healthy eating a lifestyle, not something you do when you have time for it. As long as you're eating right and exercising most of the time, then it's OK to have some birthday cake or pizza once in awhile.

i absolutely refuse to buy myself fast food anymore. Most of the time there is healthier food for me at home or to buy at the grocery store. One thing I do is cook up a couple dishes on Sundays (beans, rice, sweet potatoes, veggies, etc), so I have healthy food throughout the week for when I don't have time to cook at night. Then you have no excuses! :)