MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET

Options
Hi Guys,

Has any one tried the MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jenny.

Replies

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    You mean on pancakes??

Then yes i try it weekly, and it's delicious!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Has any one tried the MAPLE SYRUP DIET/LEMON DIET? Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jenny.

there is no magic to weight loss...you don't need a "special diet" you need a calorie deficet.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.....
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No.
    Fad diets do not work.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Why torture yourself with a 10 day juice diet? All you will lose is water weight that you will gain right back as soon as you start eating normally again.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure if this is serious, but this is based off the Master Cleanse which is not exactly a healthy nor enjoyable way to lose weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    this cannot be a real thing? can it?

I want to do the watermelon diet- it's like juicing - but you get to eat real "food" but it's watermelon- so it's mostly water and sugar.

HEH.

I can eat pounds of that *kitten*!!!! But then I'm sick and sad because I have no protein. :(

sad panda face
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Eating syrup and then a lemon? Eating lemons and then syrup? Either scenario makes me pucker. NO thanks.

sour-face-o.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. I eat a lot of maple syrup and lemons, but not together. I generally have the maple syrup with peanut butter, and the lemon with water, tea or sangria.

I don't know if that counts, but I highly recommend both as they've helped keep me healthy for decades.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the master cleanse?

Search the forums for it. There have been some pretty horrific results. I'd go for a moderate calorie deficit instead. :)

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story?hl=master+cleanse

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Are snacks allowed?

6a00d8341c301153ef017c31cd7b2b970b-450wi
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did it when I was younger and didnt know better. Its just gross.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options

I want to do the watermelon diet- it's like juicing - but you get to eat real "food" but it's watermelon- so it's mostly water and sugar.

HEH.

I can eat pounds of that *kitten*!!!! But then I'm sick and sad because I have no protein. :(

sad panda face

Mmmmmm.... Watermelon! Once a week, I stop by the grocery deli and get 2 rotisserie chicken breasts and a huge container of cubed cold watermelon (usually after a heavy lifting day). People have been appalled to walk into my office and see what I have done to that watermelon and what a chicken breast looks like once you have stripped away every last ounce of meat.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That will be an express way to lose muscle tissue and become a flabby mess and every time you eat something gain 10 pounds which ultimately spirals you toan ED.
    So NO,no Fad diets!
    Calculate your BMR eat that every day,if you workout eat some more,eat healthy and try eating clean,the weight will drop off like magic!
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're talking about the Master Cleanse which was not intended to be used as a "diet" - Second of all, it's crap no matter what you use it for. You can fast off weight all you want and lose nice water weight and muscle tissue, but as soon as you start to eat again, you gain it all back and usually some more on top of that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I wasn't sure if I'd find a place for this so quickly:

troll_flag_by_romanticdetective-d3cyld7.jpg

Love maple syrup. I wish I could afford to eat it more often. I love lemons too, especially in me tea.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What.....is it? That sounds nasty.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

HEH.

sad panda face

Mmmmmm.... Watermelon! Once a week, I stop by the grocery deli and get 2 rotisserie chicken breasts and a huge container of cubed cold watermelon (usually after a heavy lifting day). People have been appalled to walk into my office and see what I have done to that watermelon and what a chicken breast looks like once you have stripped away every last ounce of meat.

heh- I left my gym around 1130 PM and went straight to Shop Rite to buy a big ole watermelon and ate the whole thing- I was embarrassed for myself- but the reality is- it's delicious. who goes out of their way at almost midnight for a watermelon craving!!!