30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ok so i am actually going to start today. My gym's babysitting is closed today and tomorrow and I have my 3 babes at home with me so if the babysitting is closed, I am unable to get to the gym :( So instead of having 2 days of not much exercising, I am going to start the DVD today......I will check in to tell how it was.....wish me luck! :D
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post! Hubby and I decided last week to start the 30 Day Shred on Jan 1, but he's already bailed on me!

I want to tighten up (and lose weight, but right now I'd settle for being tighter, especially having better arms) before our cruise in February!
  • delfin59
    Options
    flems629 good luck! I'll start tomorrow before going out for new year! I figured it's better to start of the first day of 2011 with a bang. Although I might be sore for the whole weekend lol.
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did the 30day shred off and on the past couple of months but wasn't really consistent with it. This group will really help with that!
    I'll check in tomorrow :)
  • flems629
    Options
    It was hard and I worked up a sweat!!! Im already sore too.................gl to everyone tomorrow. It seems you do the same work out consistently until you are ready to up your levels.
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am ready starting tomorrow. We can do this!
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Okay, sounds good!:happy: I started before, but well didn't make the 30 days:frown: ! LOL

The thing I noticed is that it doesn't tell you when to go to the next level, maybe I missed that part.:huh: I wasn't sure, since there are 3 levels how long each level is suppossed to be...anyone know?

I'm really excited about starting over. I have re-done the kids "playroom" and now have my tv and dvd player set up so that I have a "set" place to exercise. Hopefully the treadmill will be up soon! Kids are really excited about the change.

Looking forward to Shredding with everyone!!! :drinker:
  • hchristine
    Options
    I just got this for Christmas. I have been doing it for the last week and already I feel great! The scale hasn't moved yet :( , but I definitely feel stronger (I just need some patience). I think I could keep this up for a month...beats getting ready to go the gym after a long day at work. I am in as well :)
  • flems629
    Options
    Well after day one I am sore! I was really skeptical about how well it would work but Jillian put me in my place lol

I think you are "supposed" to do each level for 10 days then move on up.

GL to everyone today, looking forward to seeing how everyone likes it :D
  • delfin59
    Options
    Just finished my first day. Hufff it was harder than I remembered it to be. But that means the muscle is working its way out right? ;)

Good luck today guys! :)
  • aqueen35
    aqueen35 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
    Everyone have a Blessed New Year!!!!!
  • ctrlaltdelboy
    Options
    I just finished the first session of LVL 1 - what am I meant to do tomorrow, the same section again of move on to LVL 2?

BTW, I'm well out of shape!! I paused it a few times and even skipped a couple of activities to catch my breath - as a result my total duration was 33 min with average HR 143 and max HR 188.

This is going to be tough but worth it :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just continue doing level 1 until you feel you're ready to move up in intensity.

I actually started a little early and today will be day 4 for me. The morning of the second day before my workout, I was sore all over. The third day, not as much. Today, even less so.

It's definitely my first workout of the morning just so I can get it over and done with for the day. :D
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 this morning. It's harder than I thought it would be, but I don't feel sore yet. I did have to take a couple of breathers but I think after a few days I'll be fine. Love that it's only 25 minutes! I wish I knew how many calories I burned.
  • windgirl
    Options
    I started today and feel invigorated. I love the 3-2-1 aspect of it. I started this shred last March and got halfway into it before I let my busy working mom excuse stop me. I found that by day 7 I was bored and feeling good enough to jump to level 2. I think that it doesn't say when to move between levels because everyone will work at their own pace. One thing i did do is on days that I wasn't really excited about doing the workout, I would go back to level 1 for a little easier workout.

Good work everyone. It would have been easy to blow this off today, but knowing that I wanted to keep up with everyone on this really helped with the motivation!
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Started today, workout done! So proud of myself, made it through. Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4 and I definitely notice a difference in my endurance level. The coming days will only get easier, I'm sure.
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    started day one level two today...feelin' it for sure!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to start this workout tonight!! I will post results later!