Re-starting insanity

Options
Hello,

I just did a month of insanity but i am not happy because i missed days and because i didnt eat like i shouldve. (yes, i know MY FAULT)

But when it came to working out, my friend owned the DVDs so i went to her house each night, or came to mine whichever. Well after 2 weeks, her work schedule changed so she was working til 8 and not working out til 930 or 10 at night when we were orginially doing 7 pm. Now, i understand that accidents happen like there were a few times that one of our kids ended up in ER for stitches.

My dad gave me his insanity, because he will NEVER do it and it was a gift to him! So with him gibing me his set, i have decided (if its a good idea ) to restart the whole program again on my own, follow meal plans (to a reason because i dont like half of it) and know ill be able to do it on my own time instead of 10 at night, thats too late when my 4 year old has school at 7 the next morning :)

Sorry if this is long and confusing i kinda wanna know what everyones ideas are.

Should i restart and redo weight and measurements? ( i only lost 5 lbs in the month so not huge diff)

Replies

• dwbotti
    dwbotti Posts: 29
    Options
    So you should restart, yes. It sounds like you aren't working with a coach? Are you seeking one? A coach would help you navigate these waters.

There wouldn't be a HUGE drop off, but to maximize your results, you should start with the Day 1 fit test, measure and crank it back up.
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    That is what i figured i'd do is start all over from day one. Yes, i do have a local coach that i talk to but i was looking for other opinons also because i dont like to just agree with one person all the time :)

Yeah, i slacked off past 2 weeks so i am ready to completely restart
  • richelle42
    Options
    absolutely restart. Take your measurements and take pictures. You will be glad you restarted, month two is a beast you will need month one again to get back into it.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Heck yeh restart Insanity! People do a few rounds of it to really get great results! I did insanity last summer for the 30 days and had great results. I would def encourage you to really plan your healthy meals to really get the maximum benefit of the program. I may have to pull that one out again. I ended up breaking my foot the end of last summer and literally just got the ok to start my HIIT workouts a few months ago. If you start it up again, i will totally start with you too. Interested? Let's do this. Shoot me a friend request if you want to get "insane" together. LOL :smile:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Way to go to be back at it!!!!

yes, restart. 5 pounds is a great start! do no say "just" 5 pounds!!!!!!
    Glad you have a local coach too. Be sure to keep using that person, see if they can get you into one of their challenge groups. It really helps with the Consistency!

Good luck!
    Nancy