Girl Planks for 80 Minutes on Way to Guinness World Record

Options
I saw this on GMA.
Girl Planks for 80 Minutes on Way to Guinness World Record.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2014/04/girl-planks-for-80-minutes-on-way-to-guinness-world-record/

Replies

• ginalovefire
    Options
    I'd be happy if I could plank for 80 seconds.
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    at 30 seconds with grimace & a push in limits and I'm a goner...cant imagine...
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I saw this on GMA.
    Girl Planks for 80 Minutes on Way to Guinness World Record.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2014/04/girl-planks-for-80-minutes-on-way-to-guinness-world-record/

Wow
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing but I'm not impressed. I'm more impressed that I got the laundry done before I went to work this morning.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds excruciatingly boring.

Don't get me wrong, I can admire her core strength, but...honestly? I have better things to do with 80 minutes (like just about ANYTHING).
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I can admire her core strength, but...honestly? I have better things to do with 80 minutes (like just about ANYTHING).

Yeah, why spend time getting into the Guinness Book of World Records or raising money for a great cause when you could be doing something mundane and common, like playing on MFP?

"She used her attempt at the Guinness World Record title as a way to raise money for the hospital that treated her, pulling in over $50,000 for the Children’s Hospital of Colorado."

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

Yeah, why spend time getting into the Guinness Book of World Records when you could be doing something mundane and common, like playing on MFP?

I was busy setting records for butthurt replies in 24 hours...
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I held one for 7minutes once and that was painful!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yeah, why spend time getting into the Guinness Book of World Records when you could be doing something mundane and common, like playing on MFP?

I was busy setting records for butthurt replies in 24 hours...

It's important to have goals.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Wow. Iron core, right there. Boring, though. Staring at the floor for 80 minutes? No thanks.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wish I could make it to 3 minutes without wanting to crumble. Great job to her for raising that money though, and getting in the Guinness Book is a bonus :)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was doing well at a minute and a half! :laugh: Good for her though and it's awesome that she raised so much money for a worthy cause!
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing but I'm not impressed. I'm more impressed that I got the laundry done before I went to work this morning.

LMAO
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i can only plank for 3 minutes max:laugh: for now
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wowza. I'm dying about 70 seconds in at this point. Good on her for raising so much money and achieving her teenage dream in one go.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good for her. But I agree planks are incredibly boring. Something about just looking at the floor from close range. At least it was only 80 minutes, unlike the standing on one foot (76+ hours) or similar records.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    She's a 16 year old girl... Who raised $50k for cancer research, and has had 14 surgeries due to extreme sickness.

Hell yeah to her!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Planks are so not boring. Seriously, something like this is an exercise in willpower and meditation. Every second compounds the feeling of wanting to give up even more, and you hold out.

"Hold one more second."

"Hold one more second."

"One more second."

Nothing boring about it. :)

Now how do you know that her consciousness wasnt transported to another dimension for 79 minutes?

While she was there maybe she met a gumdrop fairy, learned how to make a cauliflower pizza that actually tasted delicious, and discovered the lost city of Atlantis.