can you lose weight fast?

Options
is there such a thing as losing weight fast, and if there is how????

Replies

• Pmsylvester
    Pmsylvester Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Recommend you read other post and thread about rapid weight loss in this same message board. Should tell you everything you need to know.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    What do you need to lose weight fast for? Slow and steady is the way to do it.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. Apparently you can burn 2400 calories an hour doing Insanity. Also don't use oil and use olive oil.
    ...wait...
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The only way to do this is under a doctor's supervision and only if required for medical reasons. My brother is currently doing this as he needs hernia surgery and needs to lose 40lbs in 8 weeks. The doctor sees him once a week and has already told him it is not recommended he continue this type of diet once he has had his surgery as it isn't healthy. He basically eats all the meat (except cured and lunch) he wants and fruit and veggies (except starchy ones) plus nuts (no peanuts as they are a legume) and eggs.
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can lose water weight fast in a healthy way by drinking more water and reducing the amount of sodium you eat.

Other than that, no. You're limited by your metabolism in how much fat you can burn each day. Exercise helps a little, but it's only a small percentage of the total calories you will burn.

The good news is, it will likely come off quicker than you put it on. Thank god for that. I wouldn't want to be losing weight for over 20 years.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. Apparently you can burn 2400 calories an hour doing Insanity. Also don't use oil and use olive oil.
    ...wait...

And don't forget we're not supposed to be drinking "mild" from any mammal's udder.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion that you go read the now-locked fast weight loss thread.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    It never ends...