What maintenance calculators were most accurate for you?

Options
Trying to find out which maintenance calculator was most accurate for most people.

I'm 5'5'' and 110 lbs. Trying to maintain now. Lift four days a week for an hour and do zumba 3 days a week for an hour.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow that's a low weight...

anyway..best way to figure it out is up your deficet by 100 every week watching your weight and logging accurately and when you see a gain...stay for a bit and see if it's a trend and if it is cut down by 100.

Maintenance is sort of a moving target as it depends on activity etc. You can get a rough estimate from Scooby site or IIFYM.com and enter your stats for your TDEE...aim for that number all the while watching your measurments to ensure they are where you want them...

Notice I said measurments which include tape measurment, BF% and last and least scale weight.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Calculators all suck. Agree with above that it is trial and error. Add 100-150 calories daily to your usual calories for a couple weeks and see if you gain or stay the same. It took me around 4-6 months to really know, and even then it depends on my exercise for the day/week. But it becomes easier over time.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Google the IIFYM Calculator and be honest on your activity level, very accurate judged by my own trial and error over the last year
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I knew getting the hang of maintenance was going to take awhile! I wondered how long. Thank you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    All of them give me similar numbers give or take...it's trial and error....I'm somewhere between moderate active and active on most...and really, it's a range; I don't hit a certain number every day...generally I'm 2700 - 2900 depending on what's going on that particular day...been maintaining for a year as of about 2 weeks ago.