Nipple Piercing? Tattoo?

Options

Replies

• hellakellasee
    hellakellasee Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have my nipples pierced. It hurt like hell and it takes some time to heal but I love them. I will say though that it goes by incredibly fast though since you said your scared.
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    ... The other, located on my left forearm, is of a mirror. That way, when I am out on a date and the girl wants to check her makeup, I just roll up my sleeve.

cute. :laugh:
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Get the piercing, they grow back. Tattoos are forever, they age horribly, and most people who aren't completely covered in them end up regretting it when they grow up whether they will admit it or not....

I agree with part one, but not with part two. If you want to something merely for the feeling of freedom and such, get a piercing (since you can always take them out and basically erase the marks from them). If you want something on your body that you feel as though would rather have some meaning or be decorative, get a tattoo. I am a huge fan of body modifications, but i don't get tattoos impulsively.

You just want to make sure it's something you truly want with you for the rest of your life, you know? That being said, i've also seen plenty of really nice tattoos on older people. Besides, tattoos are not about pleasing others with your body. They're about being happy, expressive, etc. Long story short- make sure if you get a tattoo it's for a reason outside of wanting to be rebellious. BUT don't let the prospect of growing old stop you (which is mere ignoranceeee).

I have quite a few piercings and i have both of my nipples pierced. What kind of advice are you looking for?
  • LeiaLemon
    LeiaLemon Posts: 25
    Options
    I have had many piercings and a few tattoo's, best to look up pain by area of body for tattoo's to get an idea of what an easy place for you to get a tattoo would be, I chose some of the most painful places for my first few but I took it like a champ, no crying and 3 hours of work (2 hours in one session alone) and the most painful part was when I had the front of my upper left thigh done as it felt like a sharp jolt into my knee when they got about 1/2 way complete on the front facing part of my tattoo... otherwise it really wasn't that bad. Getting a piercing however is dependent on the person, some people take NSAIDS shortly before the piercing to help deal with the pain right off the bat, I suggest not to... it can lead to bleeding more than you normally would which is frustrating (at least was for me, learned to just bite the bullet and make sure I was relaxing though the rest of the day after a larger or more painful piercing)

I last pierced over a closed scarred monroe (scarring under skin) and it was ridiculously painful and took a bit longer to heal, however the first time around it hurt less than my nasal piercing. I would think since nipples can be a sensitive area you might want to consider the possible pain that area would have...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Get the piercing, they grow back. Tattoos are forever, they age horribly, and most people who aren't completely covered in them end up regretting it when they grow up whether they will admit it or not....

Ignorance in a quote box... Love it.

I've seen plenty of old people with tattoos that look great.

Anyways, everyone is afraid of their first tattoo or piercing. I can't really have piercings anymore but I got mine when I was young (18ish). Same with my tattoos. Sure they hurt but it's really not that bad. Just talk to a good tattoo artist, he'll have recommendations so your first doesn't hurt too bad.

I've used numbing cream before (my back will twitch a lot) and they help a LITTLE.

^Agree 100% with this awesome person right here. I have never really pierced anything besides my ears, so I can't really speak from experience to benefit you in that category. But I do have tattoos. And I appreciate and love every single one of them. There is pain, granted, but its bearable. And definitely worth it. I would recommend getting something small for your first tattoo, that way if you want more/larger ones, you know what to expect.

What, exactly are they worth? Be specific, please.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

Well outside of the exploitive private sector and into an accepting and modern sector such as public services I would hope you would not turn down a life saving operation from a sugeon with full sleeves. Unless of course you want to stick by your corporate image theory all the way ;) best thing I ever did was leave the private sector.

Why is it the private sector is always so far behind in equality? The wage difference between men and women is only just being closed in the private sector, LGBT and disability rights are bare minimum in the private sector still.... Meanwhile I'll be happy working in my job with LGBT people, people covered in tattoos and disabled people empowered to work.

Everything you said confirms exactly why I will never work in the private sector.

"Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future."

The only thing that can limit this person will be to accept your venomous view point of inequality and prejudice.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have any nipple piercings?
    I am looking for feedback and advice..

I am really wanting to do something crazy since I am graduating college.. HOWEVER. i have a huge anxiety problem and my biggest fear is needles....

but... i want to break away from the person i am and embrace my new life. I REALLY want to get a tattoo on my shoulder as well.....

anybody have any advice on nipple piercings and tattoos for a scared newbie.....

i heard about numbing creams......

I have 9 piercings and 3 tattoos. I can tell you that the tats hurt for a longer period of time, but the nipple piercings will hurt more intensely. Like, a lot. It's over with fast, and they stay sore for a couple of weeks. They take a long time to heal because they are deep tissue wounds and if you go to a piercist who is not experienced, they can damage the nerves, rendering your nipples completely insensitive. Also, you'll need to wear padded bras or else the piercing will be visible through clothing.

On the other hand, a piercing can be temporary. If you're not absolutely sure about a tat, don't get it. It is forever, and you might at some future date regret it's placement or theme.

I love all of my jewelry and ink, and I work in a professional environment and no one has an issue with them, but in certain professions, you might have to really think about tat placement.
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The bit that gets me about tattoos is what happens if you change your mind and what will it look like in 30/40 years time? At least most piercings will heal up but generally your stuck with your tatts
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

Anyways, everyone is afraid of their first tattoo or piercing. I can't really have piercings anymore but I got mine when I was young (18ish). Same with my tattoos. Sure they hurt but it's really not that bad. Just talk to a good tattoo artist, he'll have recommendations so your first doesn't hurt too bad.

I've used numbing cream before (my back will twitch a lot) and they help a LITTLE.

^Agree 100% with this awesome person right here. I have never really pierced anything besides my ears, so I can't really speak from experience to benefit you in that category. But I do have tattoos. And I appreciate and love every single one of them. There is pain, granted, but its bearable. And definitely worth it. I would recommend getting something small for your first tattoo, that way if you want more/larger ones, you know what to expect.

2 bars of gold and the next door neighbor's chicken.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

Well outside of the exploitive private sector and into an accepting and modern sector such as public services I would hope you would not turn down a life saving operation from a sugeon with full sleeves. Unless of course you want to stick by your corporate image theory all the way ;) best thing I ever did was leave the private sector.

Why is it the private sector is always so far behind in equality? The wage difference between men and women is only just being closed in the private sector, LGBT and disability rights are bare minimum in the private sector still.... Meanwhile I'll be happy working in my job with LGBT people, people covered in tattoos and disabled people empowered to work.

Everything you said confirms exactly why I will never work in the private sector.

"Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future."

The only thing that can limit this person will be to accept your venomous view point of inequality and prejudice.

*shrug* I'm an editor for a newspaper. No one here cares about my eyebrow ring or visible ink. It all depends on which profession you're in. I'm not sure I would want to pursue one that was so restrictive.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    The bit that gets me about tattoos is what happens if you change your mind and what will it look like in 30/40 years time? At least most piercings will heal up but generally your stuck with your tatts

Stupid people do stupid things and unfortunately they get tattoos. They regret it later on. Somehow, we (people who knew what they were getting into) get lumped in with them.

I don't regret anything and in 30-40 years it will still look awesome. I have regular touch-ups (just like any other art) in order to keep it that way.

Look at my pictures, you would have no idea that I have tattoos but I promise you I do. If you could see them, I wouldn't care.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    The people who regret their tattoos are usually those who went in on a whim or while drunk and selected something trendy or something stupid (significant other's name, for example). If you want a tat, put some real thought into it. Make it meaningful.

And as for having them look awful? If they're crap tattoos, they'll fade, but that's about it. Here's a whole bunch of photos of old people with ink:

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/taturday-74-really-old-people-tattoos
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Agree X100000. Who the hell would want to be part of any company with exclusionary and biased practices? Yes, I would like to limit my exposure to that please.

I have a wrist tattoo. I also have a college degree, and I work a "conservative" job in higher ed. And no, I don't think my tattoo limits me at all. It's not up for discussion or judgment. And if for any reason I faced any prejudice because of it, I would be glad to know ahead of time what kind of narrow minded and ignorant people I was dodging. WIn-win.

Bottom line, get whatever piercing or tattoo speaks to YOUR heart, and don't be limited by what other people tell you is okay. Also, numbing creams work pretty good for piercings, I haven't tried them with tattoos. My wrist tat hurt like crazy but only took about 10 minutes, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I used to cut myself, mostly on my wrists. I got a tattoo on my wrist, a bible quote that reminds me that my life is worth it. So for me, my tattoo is worth my life. I can't speak for anyone else though.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options

Just a personal opinion, but I think piercings and tattoos have become so ridiculously commonplace that they don't qualify as crazy anymore. Soccer moms and hipsters are rocking them everywhere.

Quoted for truth.

I just had my final class today. I'm done. Just waiting for the piece of paper in the mail to prove I'm a bachelorette of fine arts. To celebrate, I will be a contestant in a very prestigious live portrait painting contest this weekend. It means an overnight trip with my beloved in a hotel with a hot tub and time to enjoy the art festival before the contest. Thought it was a nice gift to myself for completing my art degree.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My friend has her nipples pierced but I can't remember what she said about it. I've had my lip pierced 3x and now have scars from them. My lip refused to heal properly with either of them. Too much of a pain for me.

I have a tattoo on my back between my shoulder blades and one on my forearm. I will say that a tattoo on bone hurts and those that say they don't are liars lol. I can't wait to get another one. However, don't get the tattoo unless you have thought long and hard about what you want, what it means to you, and where you want it because once it's there it is more painful to remove it.

The one on my forearm I love, got it when I was 19, and it is a memorial tattoo for 4 kids I went to HS with that died in the same car crash back in 2002. Only thing about it now is, I got it on a whim, so now it sort of looks prison tattoo-ish. But I would not change a thing about it or ever regret getting it. I might add to it later down the road to 'pretty it up.'

The one of my back has my kids names in hearts since I placed one of my kids for adoption at birth. It is my way of keeping both of my kids with me. Hurt like hell, took over 4 hours, and it is a little crooked. Wish I paid better attention to the drawing the artist came up with. I still love it though. I spent MONTHS thinking over this one and trying to make sure I picked a place that I would want it the rest of my life.

I have only had ONE job in the past 11 years have an issue with my forearm tattoo. I got it placed there specifically to be seen at all times and to have people ask me about it so I can tell them about my friends who died because of a series of stupid decisions while in a car. It irritates the **** out of me when people get judged because of the ink they have and the placement they chose (I am not a fan of neck or face tattoos though) because some of the best people I know are covered in tattoos. My friend with the nipple piercings has a HUGE chest piece, both wrist, both forearms, a shoulder, a back piece, both calves, etc and she is the sweetest person I have ever met and is amazing at any job she does. Only closed minded people judge you by your ink instead of getting to know the person.

I have said enough lol.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

It isn't "my viewpoint" it's the way of the world my friend. You can refuse to see that if you wish but it doesn't change the fact tattoo placement can severely limit your employment options if you make a stupid decision when you are young and rebellious. You're really giving a young person bad advice. It's nice that at your homosexual disabled persons workplace tattoos do not matter, in the real world where the rest of live, tattooing YOLO on your neck doesn't exactly give you an advantage over the 25 other people I just interviewed for the job you're not going to get. Grow up, use your brain, and don't tattoo "thug life" across your knuckles...
  • Bullyfan2011
    Bullyfan2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    3 Tattoo's (so far) one on each should and one on thigh...
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options

It isn't "my viewpoint" it's the way of the world my friend. You can refuse to see that if you wish but it doesn't change the fact tattoo placement can severely limit your employment options if you make a stupid decision when you are young and rebellious. You're really giving a young person bad advice. It's nice that at your homosexual disabled persons workplace tattoos do not matter, in the real world where the rest of live, tattooing YOLO on your neck doesn't exactly give you an advantage over the 25 other people I just interviewed for the job you're not going to get. Grow up, use your brain, and don't tattoo "thug life" across your knuckles...

Did you really just say "homosexual disabled persons workplace"?
    Also, the OP never said anything about getting YOLO on her neck or "thug life" on her knuckles. It amazes me how many people still have this 1950s image of what a corporate person is supposed to look like.
  • 8lackie
    8lackie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    piercings are a temporary thing. Having once had my tongue pierced I can safely say the pain is temporary. As far as ink goes. I dont recommend committing to a sleeve or worse, a facial tattoo. I've got a couple. The good thing about arms, legs or elsewhere (besides the face or neck) they can be covered..
    Perhaps stay away from portraits etc. look up 'bad tattoos' if you want to see what you should avoid.