1 year in, my human journey with pics

Replies

• Great job! Very inspiring!:smile:
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    You look TERRIFIC! You are an inspiration. If you can overcome your setbacks, well, so can I. I lost 42 pounds, gained 26 back 2 1/2 years later, lost 13 and gained 6. So you can see how things have gone for me the last 6 months. But I refuse to give in and give UP! I continue to work to get back to goal weight. Best wishes as you continue on your healthful journey!
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm with everyone here 40's??? What??? Seriously??? You look amazing. I am excited for you. You definately are an inspiration!!
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    :smile: nice work! You look so happy!
  • Pinpin1
    Pinpin1 Posts: 6
    Good job.. You are looking great and to be running in a marathon speaks volumes keep up the good work.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt story and congratulations on your achievements.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Girl - you do not look your age!! You look incredible!,

I love that quote as well, it is one of my favourites.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Thank you for all the comments, especially about how young I look!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    just reading this makes me feel I can do this! I keep picking myself up and starting again and it helps to know that it's worthwhile not to give up! congratulations, you look amazing :flowerforyou:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    what? 40 something? I would have guessed 30 tops. you look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    I had to do a double read, 46?!? You look fantastic! Way to stick with your program and journey.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    and double high five on the 10 mile run! That's a huge accomplishment!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    imagejpg1-3.jpg

A year ago today I had enough of hiding from the camera and self loathing because of my appearance.

I call this a human journey because I'm human and not perfect and I've slipped up. I lost 49, gained 10 back, and have lost 5 of that. I have 19 pounds to get to my goal weight, I'm giving myself another year to get there. The difference is this time when I started gaining I didn't throw in the towel. I regrouped and got myself back in the game.

In this year I turned 46, started running, finalized my divorce, took on new responsibilities at work, and grown by leaps and bounds in body/mind/spirit.

The quote card in the middle got me through the year. I was feeling poorly about my weight a year ago and was cruising the Internet for inspiration. Seeing that quote card caused something to click in my head. I have looked at it hundreds of times in the past year.

I started running in August after starting and quitting 7 times before. I've run a 5k and 10k, I placed 9th in my age group in the 10k. I'm running a half marathon on Saturday!

My journey hasn't been perfect in a textbook sense, but it's been perfect for me. Each backslide has taught me something about myself and my journey. As a result of my divorce I had to sign up for insurance at work. Imagine my glee when I took the health assessment and I received a message saying "congratulations, you're at a healthy weight, keep it up."

My profile picture is from last week after I ran 10 miles for the first time in my life.
    Love that you shared this with all of us and congratulations on your hard work and dedication on your journey!!!!!!:) You are REAL, you keep it real and you are living real. Not restricted. You have backslides and you come right back up. Amazing lady:)
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    True Story....Awesome work!
  • Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Awesome - Thanks for sharing your story. Also that is one of my favorite quotes for this journey.
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    You rock! I too use that quote as inspiration. It is so true.
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    You worked hard and it shows ! I can only imagine how great you must feel ! It's soooo worth it ! Keep on keeping on !
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Great job! You look very happy!
  • Merlin813
    Merlin813 Posts: 21 Member
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!