Chia seed pudding...

mtngrl3
mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
Does anyone have a healthy/low calorie chia seed pudding recipe?? I tried one last night with almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia, let it sit over night in the fridge and it tastes great just super watery. Maybe I did something wrong? Anyways, any ideas are appreciated! :D

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    It takes a few tried to get it just right. Try using a little less almond milk next time.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    It takes a few tried to get it just right. Try using a little less almond milk next time.

Thanks! I'll try again tonight.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    I haven't been successful with any less than 2T of chia seeds for 1 cup of liquid.
    If mine are too watery I'll add some shredded coconut to thicken it up~ yum!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    I just learned of this from Mike Dolce. He is a trainer for many of the MMA Fighters who has his own workout program and nutritional program. Just search under his name / Chia seed pudding in YouTube. He has a great vid there. I've done it and it is super easy, even my wife makes her own now. It is basically 3 teaspoons of chia seeds and little water let it sit maybe 30 minutes and then I add a little yogurt and fruit! Taste great.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    I've been making a chia seed pudding for breakfast lately and it has been delicious.

- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
    - 1/3 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    - 2 Tbsp chia seed
    - 2 Tbsp PB2
    - 1 Tbsp honey

Mix all ingredients and let sit overnight.
  • I make chia seed pudding quite often...if you are leaving it overnight to set it should be more then thick enough! I often have to add more liquid if I leave it over night. One or 2 hours in the fridge is good enough for a pretty thick pudding-like consistency! Are you sure you are using the right ratio of seeds to liquid? The proper ratio is 3 tablespoons of chia seeds per 1 cup of liquid.

If you like bananas you will love this recipe... http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/18/chia-seed-breakfast-bowl/

and chocolate chia pudding is delicious and healthy as well! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chia-seed-pudding/
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Bumping for recipes :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    In for more ideas!

I've made it with pumpkin puree, unsweetened almond milk, splenda, cinnamon and of course chia seeds. Super yummy. I also like chia seeds with unsweetened coconut milk and splenda.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Bump.
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 78 Member
    I made some that was really good by putting 2/3 cup of chia seeds in a jar with 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1 tsp of vanilla extract - mix it all up and leave in fridge over night. NOT watery at all :) reminds me a lot like tapioca! You can add all other sorts of flavors in there (cinnamon, nutmeg, fruit, etc.)
  • nisha_mehta
    nisha_mehta Posts: 2 Member
    Check your ratio is right, you want about 1 cup of milk to 3 tablespoons of chia seeds.

It's also a great breakfast if you mix it with oatmeal and protein powder and refrigerate it overnight.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Here are a couple that I've made and really enjoyed. For both of these I'd say it's best to make it at least the day before to get the right consistency. Enjoy!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html (my all time favorite, I could eat this all summer long by the buckets)

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/04/07/almost-instant-chocolate-chia-pudding/ (also very good)
  • clwgough
    clwgough Posts: 5 Member
    bump for later...
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Does anyone have a healthy/low calorie chia seed pudding recipe?? I tried one last night with almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia, let it sit over night in the fridge and it tastes great just super watery. Maybe I did something wrong? Anyways, any ideas are appreciated! :D

Chia Seed Pudding from the Ultimate Reset menu
    makes 12 servings, about 2tbsp. each
    1/3cup chia seeds
    2 cups coconut water(or distilled water)

Combine Chia seeds and coconut water in large glass baking dish. Mix well to break any clumps. Seal well and refrigerate over night.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Bump...some great ideas here. Thanx
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    bump, in for the yumm
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Just made it with unsweetened almond milk & put in fridge at work for brekkie tomorrow.

Trying 30.6g chia seeds plus 400ml unsweetened almond milk.....
    193 cals
    6g carb
    13g fat
    0g sugar
    8g protein
    13g fibre
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Bump.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    bump
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    I love chia pudding. I was making it pretty consistently for a while with just lots of cinnamon and a little maple syrup. Consistency was perfect! Then, I ran out of chia seeds and grabbed another bag--different brand. And, oddly, those won't thicken up using the same recipe! Will try again adding more, but just thought I'd share that the quantities may differ depending on brand!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    I need to try this!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    3 Tbsp. of seeds to 1 C. liquid, let it sit overnight.

My favorite: Add orange zest, a tsp. of raw honey, and some cardomom. So tasty!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Just made it with unsweetened almond milk & put in fridge at work for brekkie tomorrow.

Trying 30.6g chia seeds plus 400ml unsweetened almond milk.....
    193 cals
    6g carb
    13g fat
    0g sugar
    8g protein
    13g fibre

Overdid it on the milk....a bit runny, but still yummy :wink:

ETA.....added protein powder to thicken it up :smile:
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    yummy stuff
  • mgleason01