30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi, im in, i have tonight done day 1, feel ok much better than the one off time i did it when i first got dvd, will check in as often as possible but determind to do it everyday ! x

night all x
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and will be doing day one once my munchkin is in bed :)
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did my first round today - it wasn't as hard as I remember from last year, which I guess is a good thing.

The hard part start on Monday, when I nee dot get up and do the Shred at 5:30 in the morning!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'm in. it's too late to start tonight, so my first day will be tomorrow. :)
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Just finished day one. Some of the moves were a bit too much for me and I hate that but it will get better. :-)

I did find I burn more calories at the gym, but I do workout longer at the gym too. This will be great for the days I am not scheduled with the trainer.

Rock on everybody!
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I actually started it this past Monday. Today is the first day I'm not sore lol. I'm nervous but excited for Level 2.. GL everyone!:smile:
  • celesalk
    Options
    My legs feel like jelly and my heart is racing... but I completed day 1!!! Had to take more breaks than I wanted, but that will get easier with time.... right?
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just got my Copy from Walmart. Hope it's the right one. I posted it on my page that I intended to start soon and she told me about this board. I'm gonna need some reminders to Check In so someone please send a Message to my in box. After Taking My Stats I will post them here. Good Luck everyone. I'm already Nervous
  • fitnessmandy1
    fitnessmandy1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I made it to day 7 all in a row and then came christmas and I fell off eating well and exercising! I was very sore at first but just pushed through it. I started getting easier after a few days.
    I just started it again today. Seemed hard again! UGH! Day 2 tom.
  • larousse_37
    Options
    I started today, so count me in!!

Man I'm generally very fit and strong.. but level one completely beat me! I stopped in the middle of the workout to take off some of the weights on my handweights haha.. went from 3.5 kgs (7lbs) to 1kg (2.2lbs). Probably could have kept it around the 2kgs, but ugh... couldn't face it. My partner gave me one of those 'man up' looks. I struggled to get in the shower afterward, and just reaching up to grab my shampoo was almost impossible because I was so weak and wobbly.. I'm hoping to stick to this religiously (at LEAST this.. will take my dogs for a run a few times a week too) and will check in here!!!
  • angieskia
    Options
    OK Fellow New Year Shredders, It is 11:20pm here in Cali and just Finished Day One. Thankfully it wasn't as HARD as I was afraid of. The Hardest Part of it were the Anterior Raises. The 2nd Hardest were the Lunges (Both Types) Cardio wasn't difficult and my joints were Protesting the last Ab exercise. After all those complaint Level 1 is totally doable. I'm gonna Copy & past this into my Blog and go into more Detail there. Check your PROFILE pages for any comments I will hopefully send your way to try to help encourage you. Keep it up Ladies & GO SOAK in a Nice Hot Bubble Bath with Epsom salt if you have it. You've earned it
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I started today, so count me in!!

Man I'm generally very fit and strong.. but level one completely beat me! I stopped in the middle of the workout to take off some of the weights on my handweights haha.. went from 3.5 kgs (7lbs) to 1kg (2.2lbs). Probably could have kept it around the 2kgs, but ugh... couldn't face it. My partner gave me one of those 'man up' looks. I struggled to get in the shower afterward, and just reaching up to grab my shampoo was almost impossible because I was so weak and wobbly.. I'm hoping to stick to this religiously (at LEAST this.. will take my dogs for a run a few times a week too) and will check in here!!!

yeah i started with smaller weights than i probably should have but i did an arms workout that i am still feeling a couple days ago. I didn't want to hurt myself. I think i need to go up to the next set of weights tomorrow to try to see how the middle set feels.

Good job!
  • angieskia
    Options
    So I just took a Peek At Level 2 & it DOES Scare me. Too many lunges and the military extensions (??) look scary cuz my Hip Flexors like to Cramp up when I do certain exercises. I really Hope by Day 10 that My Legs have strenghtened up to be able to take on Lvl 2. I'l going through the board and checking on everyone's progress tomorrow. Now is time for me to eat some exercise cals and then get to sleep. Yogurt here I come
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders!

This is my second time taking on the 30 day challenge.

A word of encourage meant for you all, this dvd delivers.

I lost 25 lbs the last time I did the shred AND watched what I ate by keeping a diligent food diary on this site. The combo of both of these strategies literally had the weight drop off of me.

Then "life" knocked on my door. A death and a surgery and other "stuff" threw me off track and I stopped working out and watching what I ate. So here I am, back in the saddle again.

Today was day 1 of level 1. I will be doing level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. This will take me to the end of January.

I'm really excited about getting back in shape again and am looking forward to a new me in 2011.

Good luck everyone!

Debbie
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I started yesterday as well! I'm going to do a couple other workouts as well but will keep tabs with the group!
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    larousse--I was the same way.

I completed day 2 last night, it was a bit easier cardio wise but strength wise I was still sore from day 1. This morning, I again am sore :( I must have been in horrible shape!

Im so proud of all of us.......so many taking on this challenge.

That is so great all, keep up the great work everyone.
  • delfin59
    Options
    I finished 2nd day earlier today and since my body is still sore from yesterday I had to take breaks here and there. Probably using 5lbs weighs doesn't help either. Note to self: get lighter dumbbells!
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders!

This is my second time taking on the 30 day challenge.

A word of encourage meant for you all, this dvd delivers.

I lost 25 lbs the last time I did the shred AND watched what I ate by keeping a diligent food diary on this site. The combo of both of these strategies literally had the weight drop off of me.

Then "life" knocked on my door. A death and a surgery and other "stuff" threw me off track and I stopped working out and watching what I ate. So here I am, back in the saddle again.

Today was day 1 of level 1. I will be doing level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. This will take me to the end of January.

I'm really excited about getting back in shape again and am looking forward to a new me in 2011.

Good luck everyone!

Debbie

Wow, thanks for the encouraging post! I think I have been doubtful about getting results from the workout because it's so short. Though I have to take back what I said yesterday about not being sore. This morning I could hardly get out of bed! LOL

Getting my workout in later when my DS goes to his dad's house. I'm going to try to get a walk done as well, since I'm feeling a little stressed out about school starting tomorrow. Exercise works wonders on my stress levels :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 and I can definitely feel the difference as far as my endurance yet again. I might be a little slower in the reps but I didn't take any breaks this time and got through it without feeling like I was going to pass out.

Great job everyone!
  • JessiA11
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I actually started 30 day shred this morning. So count me in! I need all the help and motivation I can get ;). I never did the DVD before today and it seriously kicked my butt. I had to "take a breather" and pause the DVD three times! But I made it all the way to the end so I'm happy with that. Hopefully tomorrow I can make it through without pausing :). Good luck everyone!