Does anyone else get really bad fat days

Options
I have really good days where people compliment me on my weight loss and say how good I look which gives me a boost ( this was yesterday ).

But today I feel so fat like I have not lost any weight is this normal to feel like this.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I used to have those days but not anymore because I know it will take time to lose this weight just like it took time to gain it all. I think you are being too hard on yourself. Give yourself credit for losing 39 lbs. and have confidence to know you will reach your goal and keep the weight off.
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    On days when I feel exceptionally fat I will not wear my glasses because they make my face look fatter and also since I can't see without them I cant tell if I'm fat
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to have those days but not anymore because I know it will take time to lose this weight just like it took time to gain it all. I think you are being too hard on yourself. Give yourself credit for losing 39 lbs. and have confidence to know you will reach your goal and keep the weight off.

Thank you I think I need to start looking at the bigger picture
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    We all have them! Especially women and if your approaching TOM, or you ate something that didn't process well. I use those days as motivation to push extra hard at them gym and flush my body with lots of water.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yep, having one of those days today. I just go with it. Look at your ticker. That's a great loss!!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yup, I get them all the time. I'm pretty much at goal weight, yet if I eat a fatty meal or have some chocolate (and I'm staying within my calorie count) I almost immediately feel fatter. I'm not sure that will ever go away, I think I'll always be too critical of myself and have more fat days than thin.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am having one of those days today...I look fat and bloated...sucks
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yep - that would be today.
    been so good the last week-10 days... even working out and not going over my calories...

why did the scale show a 2lb GAIN this morning?? WHY???
    i think, probably, my scale hates me. i have considered buying a new one bc ive had that one for a few years.. and its just a walmart digital one, nothing special. they are just so expensive!

i do know that i cant give in to that sinking feeling, or ill just sink my way back up and up and up.
    so i will still do my 30mins of walking home. and then my 30min workout dvd tonight.

change takes time. not everything can be achieved instantly.. which is not what 2014 is supposed to be like! where are all the flying cars and teleportation devices??
  • yodiana
    yodiana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    louise, mind if i ask where you got your myfitnesspal ticker? very cool!
  • nmcguier
    nmcguier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a couple days like that every month the week before my period. I have found that some rigorous cardio helps my ego when I feel bloated. Usually a 50 minute stint on the elliptical or in the pool causes me to sweat out 1-1.5 pounds. When I feel bloated it's closer to 2.5 pounds. I feel much better about things when I see that I'm just retaining excess water.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I haven't refreshed this discussion in a while, so I might be a bit of a johnny-come-lately here, but...

has anyone mentioned dismorphia (sp?)? Body dismorphia is a fairly common thing. I've been going through it like crazy.

Even though I used to weigh 270 and am now at 200, I'm still not at my lowest (178 when I was married last year). I know I look a lot better than I have in the last five years, but I feel like I'm HUGE. I guess our own images of ourselves are constantly in flux. I remember when I initially lost the weight, I always wanted to run with my shirt off because I looked like such a stud. Now, I'm smaller than I was back then, but I never take my shirt off because I feel like I look so fat.

Anyone have a link to a good body dismorphia article? It's a real thing and is probably more responsible for your perception of yourself than reality.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder