Both:
No visible tattoos
No piercings visible exempt ears
Overall well groomed appearance

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cook staff: white or green chef coat, black pants, black non slip shoes, no visible piercings or tattoos
    Waitstaff -black or green shirts, black pants, black non slip shoes, no visible piercings or tattoos
    Utility staff -black shirts, black pants, black non slip shoes, no visible piercings or tattoos
    Management -business professional, black non slip shoes, no visible piercings or tattoos
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Women:
    Slacks or skirt and blouse
    Dress
    No sandals or open toe shoes
    No short skirts or dresses
    No sleeveless dresses or blouses
    No cleavage showing
    No bra straps showing

No open toe shoes or sandals????? *looks down at feet* I love my open toes shoes this time of year and sandals once it gets warmer. My feet tend to get overheated in the summer trapped in shoes. Sandals are a necessity.

I don't really have one. At least not that I've been told. I do work in a small law office (it's me and two lawyers) so my dress is business dress. I've never been told I can not wear something. I did ask the first summer if I could wear shorts, but I don't think he realized I meant ones that came to my knees as he said no. Not even two weeks later, he showed up wearing shorts. I wore my own the next week and he never said anything.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Business casual with the occasional suit for meetings. Casual day Fridays but still has to be work appropriate.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Ours is just to dress "appropriately." I assume that means that I have to wear pasties.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Currently have on

Jeans
    A black polo
    and Chucks

Pretty casual around here.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Very casual..I work for Google.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Very casual...yoga pants and people wrapped in snuggies is pretty common place.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Casual at work.. t-shirt, jeans, shorts but no tank tops :(
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Men:
    Slacks
    Button shirt
    No sport shoes or sandals
    No T-shirts
    No untucked shirts

Women:
    Slacks or skirt and blouse
    Dress
    No sandals or open toe shoes
    No short skirts or dresses
    No sleeveless dresses or blouses
    No cleavage showing
    No bra straps showing

Both:
    No visible tattoos
    No piercings visible exempt ears
    Overall well groomed appearance

What field do you work in? Living in the South the no sandals or open toe shoes would kill me.

We don't have an official dress code, however, my boss is anti jeans and flip flops. He does make an allowance for me for Fridays though. M - F it's dress pants and blouse or dresses/shirts.

I work for a huge government contracting company and different divisions/departments set their own standards. When we were co located with our government customer, my boss insisted I enforce a dress code for the people who worked for me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Just got this email today...our new receptionist thinks she's going to be the next Playboy Bunny.

(1)Slacks/Pants- Inappropriate slacks or pants include jeans (jeans are okay on Fridays), sweatpants, exercise pants, Bermuda shorts, short shorts, shorts, bib overalls, and spandex.

(2)Skirts and Dresses- Dresses and skirts with a slit are acceptable. Dress and skirt length should be at a length which is comfortable to sit in public ( a good rule of thumb is 3 inches above the knee). Short, tight skirts that ride halfway up the thigh are inappropriate for work. Mini-skirts, skorts, sun dresses, beach dresses, and spaghetti-strap dresses are inappropriate for the office.

(3)Shirts/tops and blouses- Inappropriate attire includes tank tops with spaghetti straps, midriff tops, shirts with potentially offensive words, halter tops, and sweatshirts.

(4)Shoes/footwear- Conservative shoes- including loafers, boots, flats, dress heals, open toed sandals are acceptable. Flip flops are not acceptable.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I am glad the company I work doesn't have some of the OPs policies. Geez, that would suck...lol.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The only must at my job is the required super bright orange and yellow safety vest. Steel toed shoes are recommend but anything is allowed. Never saw anybody wearing anything open toed , either way it probably doesn't matter . If you have something dropped on ,or have your feet run over by any of the equipment , no footwear will save you from the bad time that is gonna come with it.
  • jchap389
    jchap389 Posts: 54
    Options
    I work for a farmer, he doesn't really care. Today i'm in a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops. Yesterday I was in a tank top, jeans and cowboy boots. I would hate to have to go back to somewhere with a strict dress policy!
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    I wear a suit every day... I dont need to wear a tie so I often don't but I like wearing a tie most days
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Khakis, nice shirt (polo is preferred), close toed shoes. Or scrubs.

I'm a massage therapist.

Apparently, how I look is leaps and bounds more important than wearing clothing that moves with me for massage. <_<
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ours is just to dress "appropriately." I assume that means that I have to wear pasties.

I would like to come to work with you. I won't wear pasties though. I do have tassels, will that work?
  • osorio0203
    osorio0203 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well.....today....I am in shorts and a polo. Yesterday.....jeans and a polo. My office is pretty laid back.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Business attire, look like your here to work or don't turn up.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Officially, business professional.

Unofficially, as long as you make money, you can get away with a lot
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Steel toes high top boots, jeans, & hard hat.