Favorite protein powder recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• kotooshu
    kotooshu Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite is TGS Nutrition 100% Whey with a teaspoon of cocoa, honey and fat free milk. It also works well with juice or water, I add it to pretty much anything as it is unflavored. I've used protein powders for years and always unflavored as it has many advantages over flavored powders. Once you go unflavored you never go back!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Sadly I've tried so so many recipes with protein powder only to be really disappointed with the taste and finished product. Then I just end up mad because i just wasted perfectly good protein powder on it. Ditching the whole thing in the garbage. I mainly stick to shakes, protein pancakes for this reason. I do have a really good recipe for protein pumpkin squares that's a hit with the family. If i have a chance I will post it for you. They are just slightly sweet but do the trick if you need something to take that edge off.
  • fblanco2891
    fblanco2891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would have to say my oatmeal-yogurt-protein pancakes!! --1 tbsp Greek yogurt 0%, 1 scoop protein powder (unflavored), 1 1/3 cups of oats, 2 tbsp of stevia (raw), 1/3 cup of water, 1 tbsp baking powder- mix them all together in a blender, then grab a pan and rub it with a little bit of butter, dollop 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, once bubbles start to come up in the top flip the pancake, and do this with the rest of them!!! They are so delicious. For the syrup I used No Sugar Maple Syrup

Also, I just tried a banana-chocolate ice cream-- 1 frozen banana, 1 tbsp of Greek Yogurt, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and that's it!!! Mix it all in a blender. I add little pieces of dark chocolate on the top and it makes it even more delicious.

As you can tell I am a fan of sweets but I know tons of healthy non-sweet recipes as well. Add me if you want more :)!
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I’ve cooked with protein powder loads of times and it’s a little tricky. Often times the product comes out rubbery or super dry. Here is a recipe that I created using protein powder that I use all the time when I have the urge for something sweet that doesn't come out tasting like chalky rubber.

Banana Protein Muffins

Ingredients:
    2 really ripe bananas, divided
    3 eggs
    3 Tbsp oil (I use Vegetable Oil)
    ¼ cup heavy cream
    ¼ cup light cream cheese
    1 tsp vanilla (or to taste)
    5 Tbsp light brown sugar
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
    3 scoops protein powder (I use banana flavored powder)
    ¾ cup coconut flour (or any kind of flour you like)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 190C (375F)

Take 1 banana and mash it until it can’t be mashed anymore and is liquidy. Then add the eggs, oil, heavy cream, cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well.

In another bowl combine baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder, and coconut flour.

Slowly stir the dry mix into the wet mix.

With the remaining banana divide it into thirds. You do this by cutting the banana in half then pushing your index finger into the middle of the banana will have it split into thirds (here is a video showing what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDvE3A1xus) . Take the strips of banana and cut them into small, but chunky, pieces. Stir the chunky banana pieces into the mix.

Put cupcake wrappers into baking tin and fill them about ¾ of the way with the batter. Cook for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Extra Info:
    -The banana chunks are important in that it will keep the muffins from becoming dry.
    -The cinnamon and vanilla are to taste. You can add more or less.
    -You have to check on the muffins while they are in the oven since some ovens are different. If the muffins are browning too fast on the tops cover them with tin foil until the end.
    -You can always have add-in to this recipe (e.g. raisins or flax seed)
    -I eat the muffins with either sugar-free jelly or peanut butter.

Makes about 14 muffins
    Per Muffin (roughly):
    135 calories
    11 carbs
    6 fat
    8 protein

Hope you enjoy!

~Laura
  • krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with chocolate or cookies n' cream protein = AMAZEBALLS
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ilovehlloktty
    ilovehlloktty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AngieSeitz
    Options
    My favourite protein powder recipes are probably my high protein sugar cookies. They taste EXACTLY like the real thing, and are actually sugar free except for the sprinkles. You can check them out at http://proteinbuff.com/christmas-sugar-cookies-high-protein-cookies-recipe/ and I've got a bunch more recipes with protein powder there too.

Other favs include my protein cheesecake, pumpkin spice protein donuts, and protein brownies. You can check 'em out at http://www.proteinbuff.com

Also my all time favourite protein pancakes recipes (got it from The Cut The Fat Podcast) doesn't even have protein powder, and is super quick and easy (which is probably why I make it so often lol)

- 1 egg
    - 1/3 cup oatmeal
    - 1/3 cup cottage cheese

Blend everything together in a magic bullet and your ready to go. So yummy! I usually top them with some greek yogurt, blueberries, seeds (flax, hemp, and chia) and a drizzle of maple syrup.