What do you do with phone/keys/etc

Options

Replies

• krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I use my phone for music/radio while I'm walking or jogging a lot of the time and I put it in my sports bra (in the front) so I can access the volume etc...

I hook my key ring around my finger and I only have two keys on my key ring so it's not that cumbersome.

I also have one pair of pants and one pair of running shorts that both have pockets in them, so I can put my keys in there if I need to.

I like holding my phone/music in my bra though, so the headphone cord isn't all over the place.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't take my phone. For music, I have an iPod shuffle. Nice and small and compact and just clips onto trousers/t-shirt/etc. For my keys, I have trousers/shorts that have a small pocket in the back for just that.

I like to be unencumbered when running, so don't fancy the idea of a armband either.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I put my iPhone in an arm band and use a running app, I take my car key off the loop and tuck in my bra (I have it fixed so I can easily remove from other keys and I wear a Moving Comfort Maia so it has two layers tuck in between them) and leave rest of keys in car. If I am running around my neighborhood I put my water bottle in my mailbox and no need to worry about keys. If go to the outdoor track, I take a small one that I can hold without difficulty and if track is not busy I sometimes stash it on the course. Bought it at Family Dollar 2/$1. I know the sporting goods store sells a hand held water bottle that has a pouch but those things are $20 and only hold a small amount of water. I will hold off for now until I start longer runs. I cringe at the thought of paying $20 for a small water bottle.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    arm band thingy that I just carry/loop around my hand (makes it easier to pause run keeper, skip a song, etc) and a cheap little skinny fanny pack off amazon for my keys, lip balm and wireless hot spot (I have a crappy data plan for my phone :ohwell: )
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I use a runner's belt similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Runners-Belt-22cm-Reflective-Stripes/dp/B00II1SHBW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398878616&sr=8-3&keywords=running+belt

My keys and phone fit in it with no problem. I need my phone for RunKeeper, music and in case one of my kids has an emergency.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I use a runner's belt. I keep a few gels in the lower pocket in case my blood sugar drops. My phone, some toilet paper (you never know!), my car key, and a couple bucks in cash goes in the bigger pocket. I zip is mostly shut and run my headphone cord through the opening.
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I got one similar to this at TJ Maxx. It's very light and slim. Any I like to believe Fanny Packs are making a come-back!

http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Runners-Waist-Pack-Hi-Viz-Yellow/dp/B006G2F1GE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1398878890&sr=8-12&keywords=nathan+belt
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I leave my phone in the car and have an armband for my ipod. On the other arm I have another band with a zipper that I put my key in. My key is pretty big and putting it in my sports bra didn't work because I was too sweaty.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    2pp0rnp.jpg
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I got one similar to this at TJ Maxx. It's very light and slim. Any I like to believe Fanny Packs are making a come-back!

http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Runners-Waist-Pack-Hi-Viz-Yellow/dp/B006G2F1GE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1398878890&sr=8-12&keywords=nathan+belt

This is actually the one I have, and I really like it. Doesn't bounce around and is very comfortable.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    First, I always take my phone for safety. Most of the time I also start the "road ID" app where I have it set to to send to my DH that tells him I'm going for a run and how long I'll be gone and he can actually track where I am. I also listen to music/podcasts while I run.

As for carrying other stuff, depends on the run. For runs where I carry water with me, I take my fuelbelt that has 4, 8oz water bottles on it (sometimes only taking 2 of the bottles with me) and there's a pouch where I can put my phone, gu, and key.

For runs where I don't carry water (short runs, races, and long runs with my running group as they set out aid stations every 2 miles), I run with my spi belt and LOVE it. it's tiny, doesn't weight anything, doesn't move around. I wear the pouch on the small of my back with my phone in it. My spi belt also has fuel "loops" on it, where I can stick packets of gu all the way around it, it's awesome.

Almost all of my running skirts/capri's have zippered pockets in the back where I put my key.

I am interested in the flip belt, but it seems so big and might get pretty hot/sweaty for the summer running that is coming up.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have the flip belt. It's okay - kind of rides up a bit though! Plus it's annoying to get on - you have to either step into it, or put it over your head.

I want to try a spi-belt. I'll have to browse through these posts to see if anyone has tried that one.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yeah, honestly, the idea of having an armband isn't that appealing. If it comes down to it, I will give it a try.

Michelefreanch - have you personally used the flipbelt? Does it slide? You like it?

Why? Armbands are awesome, and if you use wired headphones it helps keep the wires from flopping around.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just put my key in the pocket of my shorts. The only time I carry my phone is when I'm out in the wilderness by my lonesome .... then I put it in an armband.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For runs, I use a SPIbelt or a Tunebelt armband. For biking, stuff goes in a sandwich/snack-size clear Ziploc baggie and then in my jersey or vest pocket. I usually carry my phone and I "sandwich" together my driver's license, insurance card, debit card, and a $20 bill. The baggie keeps stuff clean/dry but also keeps stuff together so little items don't go missing.

I avoid carrying keys if departing from my house. At home, I converted 1 entry door deadbolt to a touch keypad deadbolt so I can always get inside. I lost my car keys somewhere "out there" once... and found them after nearly 2 hrs of searching through the woods. I was mountain biking and they bounced out of my back jersey pocket. Horrible feeling. Now keys always get zippered in a pocket or seatpost bag.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yeah, honestly, the idea of having an armband isn't that appealing. If it comes down to it, I will give it a try.

Michelefreanch - have you personally used the flipbelt? Does it slide? You like it?

I do...it stays firmly around my hips and you can actually fit quite a lot in it..not the easiest to get stuff out of mid-run...so don't plan on shuffling your music...but other than that I love it - have used it as a "fanny pack" also and no one knew I had anything under my shirt...
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the comments, but I highly suggest SPIbelt..it's amazing and holds a lot
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    As far as your phone, this is what I have.

382_lg.jpg

it's from amphipod and can buy it in most running specialty stores. Now a days, I just carry my phone in my hand and need it for my runtastic app (similar to runkeeper).

Your key, you may need a small belt case if you have no pockets.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    key gets tied to sneakers, dumb phone goes in sports bra. off i go for my run.