Say NO to Starbucks....

Options
Is there something that you just can't live without?

I feel like I can't live without a Venti Frappachino daily from Starbucks. I have decided to make it a challenge to do without the one thing I can't do without for the month of January! Anyone want to do without the one thing you can't do without for January?

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Needs to be longer than January, but cigarettes are my first vice that I NEED to quit. Definately what I would call an unhealthy on again, off again relationship.
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im a frap addict as well. I have limited myself to getting the tall and having them make it light. Works out to like 110 calories and i dont feel so guilty about that

I quit smoking and gained 20 lbs. I have taken off 13 of it so far but it was definitly a bummer at the time
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bethany28 - u dont have to do without on ur frapp....just dont do it daily...make it a treat on a cheat day if u have one...

i'm saying NO to french fries...lol....i've gained a lot of weight working @ Mcds eating even just their small french fries.....i t say a lot of weight because i weigh the same...but i can tell in my pants they barely fit now....that and i usually eat either the mushroom n swiss burger or the mushroom n swiss snack wrap. so i'm saying NO to french fries and mushroom n swiss burger n snack wrap
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I don't plan to do without the fraps forever, but I thought doing without for maybe a month would help me break the everyday cycle and just get them once in awhile for a treat :)
  • jewelzg79
    Options
    I am addicted to Mt.Dew. I have been drinking 4 or more cans a day for years. I just switched to diet and its killing me. All that sugar I'm used to, withdrawal is awful. It has brought back migraines I haven't had in over a year.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You might try an iced skinny vanilla latte as a substitution. I used to drink frapps almost exclusively at starbucks. Then I tried one of these and it is SO delicious that I don't miss frapps that much!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    i think I'll join you and make my goal: no fast food. I'm AWFUL about putting off eating lunch forever and then I'll be on my way somewhere and starving so I'll swing into Wendy's. So no fast food through the month of January :)

*and as a Starbucks barista and addict I'll say that once you break the frapp habit you'll probably stop liking them, I used to drink them all the time and now I am NOT a fan, way too sweet!!*
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    if anyone wants to make a template for their SAY NO u can if u want u can copy and paste the template below.

NAME:
    CURRENT WEIGHT:
    ENDING WEIGHT (JANUARY 31, 2011):
    SAY NO TO:

JANUARY 1 -
    JANUARY 2 -
    JANUARY 3 -
    JANUARY 4 -
    JANUARY 5 -
    JANUARY 6 -
    JANUARY 7 -
    JANUARY 8 -
    JANUARY 9 -
    JANUARY 10 -
    JANUARY 11 -
    JANUARY 12 -
    JANUARY 13 -
    JANUARY 14 -
    JANUARY 15 -
    JANUARY 16 -
    JANUARY 17 -
    JANUARY 18 -
    JANUARY 19 -
    JANUARY 20 -
    JANUARY 21 -
    JANUARY 22 -
    JANUARY 23 -
    JANUARY 24 -
    JANUARY 25 -
    JANUARY 26 -
    JANUARY 27 -
    JANUARY 28 -
    JANUARY 29 -
    JANUARY 30 -
    JANUARY 31 -

NEXT TO THE DATE WRITE "ACHIEVED" IF YOU SAID NO.....WRITE "NOT ACHIEVED" IF YOU DIDN'T SAY NO.
  • booboomagoo
    booboomagoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Things cooked in boiling oil. In Canada, where the french fries are the skinny McD's kind, I had no problem because I don't like them. Here, they have delicious thick cut ones. I rarely order them, but I help Mike with his FAR too often.
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I can't say no to peanut butter... which is fine for breakfast, or once a day, but there has been days where I have eaten it with every meal, or eaten it by the spoonful! It's a horrible addiction! I really need to cut back!
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am saying no to regular Coke for the whole month of January. I love it but have been really, really good in just indulging it with foodd if we have been eating out for the past 3 months. This month I will not even do that, if I think it is too boring with water I am going to go with Coke zero.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I can't say no to peanut butter... which is fine for breakfast, or once a day, but there has been days where I have eaten it with every meal, or eaten it by the spoonful! It's a horrible addiction! I really need to cut back!
    I'm a peanut butter eater too. I've started only buying the single serving packages to keep myself from eating the entire jar in one sitting.
  • spinndrift
    Options
    I've given up alcohol and chocolate until my birthday at the end of March.

I too used to have a Starbucks addiction to their white chocolate mochas but as they account for so more calories I'd rather do without these days.
  • gaila88
    gaila88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to join you on this one. Although I always have a skinny latte it's the skinny Lemon and Poppyseed muffin that leaps onto the tray with it that's the problem and we all know a skinny muffin doesn't exist.
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    NAME: kizzy
    HEIGHT: 4'8"
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 177
    SAY NO TO: french fries and angus mushroom and swiss burger and snack wrap

JANUARY 1 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 2 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 3 -
    JANUARY 4 -
    JANUARY 5 -
    JANUARY 6 -
    JANUARY 7 -
    JANUARY 8 -
    JANUARY 9 -
    JANUARY 10 -
    JANUARY 11 -
    JANUARY 12 -
    JANUARY 13 -
    JANUARY 14 -
    JANUARY 15 -
    JANUARY 16 -
    JANUARY 17 -
    JANUARY 18 -
    JANUARY 19 -
    JANUARY 20 -
    JANUARY 21 -
    JANUARY 22 -
    JANUARY 23 -
    JANUARY 24 -
    JANUARY 25 -
    JANUARY 26 -
    JANUARY 27 -
    JANUARY 28 -
    JANUARY 29 -
    JANUARY 30 -
    JANUARY 31 -
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Made it through the first weekend!!

NAME: Nikiki
    HEIGHT: 5'2.5
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 177
    SAY NO TO: fast food!

JANUARY 1 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 2 - ACHIEVED
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    NAME: Yanicka
    HEIGHT: 4'11"
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 137
    SAY NO TO: Diet Pepsi (I started on the 27th of december 2010)

JANUARY 1 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 2 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 3 -
    JANUARY 4 -
    JANUARY 5 -
    JANUARY 6 -
    JANUARY 7 -
    JANUARY 8 -
    JANUARY 9 -
    JANUARY 10 -
    JANUARY 11 -
    JANUARY 12 -
    JANUARY 13 -
    JANUARY 14 -
    JANUARY 15 -
    JANUARY 16 -
    JANUARY 17 -
    JANUARY 18 -
    JANUARY 19 -
    JANUARY 20 -
    JANUARY 21 -
    JANUARY 22 -
    JANUARY 23 -
    JANUARY 24 -
    JANUARY 25 -
    JANUARY 26 -
    JANUARY 27 -
    JANUARY 28 -
    JANUARY 29 -
    JANUARY 30 -
    JANUARY 31 -
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am saying no to regular Coke for the whole month of January. I love it but have been really, really good in just indulging it with foodd if we have been eating out for the past 3 months. This month I will not even do that, if I think it is too boring with water I am going to go with Coke zero.

So far I haven't had any soda at all :) (wait. That is a lie. I had a gin and tonic past midnight on NYE.. but that doesn't count ;) )

How are the rest of you doing?
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    NAME: Yanicka
    HEIGHT: 4'11"
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 137
    SAY NO TO: Diet Pepsi (I started on the 27th of december 2010)

JANUARY 1 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 2 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 3 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 4 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 5 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 6 - ACHIEVED
    JANUARY 7 - ACHIEVED

Still going strong
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am trying to say no to Pepsi!!! I love it and it hate's me mostly my butt.