Nipple Piercing? Tattoo?

Options

Replies

• WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Does anybody have any nipple piercings?
    I am looking for feedback and advice..

I am really wanting to do something crazy since I am graduating college.. HOWEVER. i have a huge anxiety problem and my biggest fear is needles....

but... i want to break away from the person i am and embrace my new life. I REALLY want to get a tattoo on my shoulder as well.....

anybody have any advice on nipple piercings and tattoos for a scared newbie.....

i heard about numbing creams......

I got my first tattoo at age 45 on the back of my neck. It didn't hurt very much.

As for nipple piercing, my niece just had it done and she wants to get her other one done now, I guess it wasn't so bad.

Just make sure, if you get a tattoo, you can cover it with clothing, if necessary.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    The piercing might be a better choice, easier to hide and isn't forever.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Since nipple piercings hurt a lot, take a long time to heal, and can deaden sensation, I would actually propose something better:

Vertical hood piercing.

Before you cringe and say no, hear me out! The hood is such a thin piece of tissue, it's literally like sticking a pin through a napkin. There's a sharp sting for a split second, and then the pain gets confused with pleasure because of where it is, and it dies down quick into a sort of background hum. The jewelry is not just aesthetic, it's functional: it can vastly improve your sex life and make orgasm easier to achieve during penetration. Also, men tend to be fascinated by it. It heals completely in about two weeks, can be taken out for long periods without the hole closing up, and you'll never have an employer complain about it.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I watched my brother's girlfriend get her nipples pierced.... *shudders*

But they look awesome!
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I have both nipples pierced and I have tattoos. So I recommend the piercings and tattoos :)
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That feel when freakishly tiny nipples. I will never be able to enjoy the feeling of a metal poker getting shoved through them. :-(
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    Options
    Also - depends on your pain tolerance if you think they hurt, my nipples did not and I've had them done twice but I have a very high pain tolerance. Also if you go with the nipples make sure you go somewhere good and get them done with a barbell not a hoop, Your bra will push against the hoop and pull your nipple out a little and healing will take longer. You can always change them later. Good luck :)
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

Well outside of the exploitive private sector and into an accepting and modern sector such as public services I would hope you would not turn down a life saving operation from a sugeon with full sleeves. Unless of course you want to stick by your corporate image theory all the way ;) best thing I ever did was leave the private sector.

Why is it the private sector is always so far behind in equality? The wage difference between men and women is only just being closed in the private sector, LGBT and disability rights are bare minimum in the private sector still.... Meanwhile I'll be happy working in my job with LGBT people, people covered in tattoos and disabled people empowered to work.

Everything you said confirms exactly why I will never work in the private sector.

"Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future."

The only thing that can limit this person will be to accept your venomous view point of inequality and prejudice.

It isn't "my viewpoint" it's the way of the world my friend. You can refuse to see that if you wish but it doesn't change the fact tattoo placement can severely limit your employment options if you make a stupid decision when you are young and rebellious. You're really giving a young person bad advice. It's nice that at your homosexual disabled persons workplace tattoos do not matter, in the real world where the rest of live, tattooing YOLO on your neck doesn't exactly give you an advantage over the 25 other people I just interviewed for the job you're not going to get. Grow up, use your brain, and don't tattoo "thug life" across your knuckles...

No its the way of your enclosed prejudiced workplace, spend a week in my job and you wouldn't last five minutes with an enclosed attitude like yours.
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

Well outside of the exploitive private sector and into an accepting and modern sector such as public services I would hope you would not turn down a life saving operation from a sugeon with full sleeves. Unless of course you want to stick by your corporate image theory all the way ;) best thing I ever did was leave the private sector.

Why is it the private sector is always so far behind in equality? The wage difference between men and women is only just being closed in the private sector, LGBT and disability rights are bare minimum in the private sector still.... Meanwhile I'll be happy working in my job with LGBT people, people covered in tattoos and disabled people empowered to work.

Everything you said confirms exactly why I will never work in the private sector.

"Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future."

The only thing that can limit this person will be to accept your venomous view point of inequality and prejudice.

It isn't "my viewpoint" it's the way of the world my friend. You can refuse to see that if you wish but it doesn't change the fact tattoo placement can severely limit your employment options if you make a stupid decision when you are young and rebellious. You're really giving a young person bad advice. It's nice that at your homosexual disabled persons workplace tattoos do not matter, in the real world where the rest of live, tattooing YOLO on your neck doesn't exactly give you an advantage over the 25 other people I just interviewed for the job you're not going to get. Grow up, use your brain, and don't tattoo "thug life" across your knuckles...

Hi there,

Just for your closed minded information. I am tattooed, pierced, have colourful hair, am "foreign" to the country I live in and guess what neither of this prevented me from getting a very well paid job for a "normal" company. I got the job based on my abilities and not based on the fact that I am not tattooed.

I at first decided to cover my tattoos up when I started getting them purely because I wanted to be "rated" based on my work and not my tattoos. Guess what! None of my previous employers were ever bothered by my tattoos and only every rated my work on how well I do my work and nothing else.
    I had to learn that myself but the world is getting so much more accepting to body mods... A lot of people, like you, still have a lot to learn, but we are getting there :)

And to the girl who posted this in the first place. Tattoos and piercings are a great way to express yourself. Just make sure you know exactly what you want, have done your research and choose a good place to go to. I started off with piercings but by now I prefer tattoos :)
    Don't listen to silly people, listen only to yourself. If you are unsure, don't do it!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Pretty silly extremes on both sides of this argument.

I work in the private sector where tattoos are some times seen as limiting (never seen a face tattoo in the office) but are overall accepted and not an issue and somewhat common (we EVEN have a senior director, male, with eyebrow piercings). Don't expect a VP job but then most people don't.

As to the other types of discrimination - where I work, LGBT people are open about their sexual preference/etc., if it ever comes up at all and we have very specific projects for handicap inclusion (they make a lot of ethical/employee engagement/financial sense). The private sector bashing is pretty much blanket ignorance.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    Options
    [/quote]

Hi there,

Just for your closed minded information. I am tattooed, pierced, have colourful hair, am "foreign" to the country I live in and guess what neither of this prevented me from getting a very well paid job for a "normal" company. I got the job based on my abilities and not based on the fact that I am not tattooed.

I at first decided to cover my tattoos up when I started getting them purely because I wanted to be "rated" based on my work and not my tattoos. Guess what! None of my previous employers were ever bothered by my tattoos and only every rated my work on how well I do my work and nothing else.
    I had to learn that myself but the world is getting so much more accepting to body mods... A lot of people, like you, still have a lot to learn, but we are getting there :)

And to the girl who posted this in the first place. Tattoos and piercings are a great way to express yourself. Just make sure you know exactly what you want, have done your research and choose a good place to go to. I started off with piercings but by now I prefer tattoos :)
    Don't listen to silly people, listen only to yourself. If you are unsure, don't do it!
    [/quote]

^^^ I agree. I had a very professional job working along side doctors for a large medical group and had been promoted a few times with nose being pierced and my tattoos visible.
  • EmmaEVille13
    Options

I work in the private sector where tattoos are some times seen as limiting (never seen a face tattoo in the office) but are overall accepted and not an issue and somewhat common (we EVEN have a senior director, male, with eyebrow piercings). Don't expect a VP job but then most people don't.

As to the other types of discrimination - where I work, LGBT people are open about their sexual preference/etc., if it ever comes up at all and we have very specific projects for handicap inclusion (they make a lot of ethical/employee engagement/financial sense). The private sector bashing is pretty much blanket ignorance.

Why shouldn't you expect that you can find a VP with a tattoo or that you can't become a VP with tattoos. There are no limitations on my opinion. Just think further.. In 10 or 20 years from now tattooed people will be more common than those who chose not to have a tattoo...
  • EmmaEVille13
    Options
    Just think further.. In 10 or 20 years from now tattooed people will be more common than those who chose not to have a tattoo...

Which illustrates my point that getting inked is not something crazy or edgy anymore. :)

And guess what.. That should never be your reason for getting a tattoo.

I got mine because it's my way of expressing myself. My tattoos have meanings to me and they are like the scrapbook of my life. They make me happy, confident and I feel complete :)

No one should ever get a tattoo because it's edgy or crazy or trendy.
  • EmmaEVille13
    Options

Hi there,

^^^ I agree. I had a very professional job working along side doctors for a large medical group and had been promoted a few times with nose being pierced and my tattoos visible.

I worked for a medical equipment supplier in Germany, then worked in security in the UK, then for a company that supplies assisted housing for elderly in the UK, then I worked in debt collection in the UK and I now work for an international manufacturing company in customer service with large companies as customers. I visit customers as well and travel for work. My current job is in the UK as well. My tattoos are on display as well when I visit customers and no one has an issue with that :)
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options

1388265287624.jpg

While I agree... kinda...

Not everyone wants to work a corporate job. If you are telling me that all good jobs require to conceal your tattoos than that's just asinine.

I may be in the Navy but I have friends who work corporate jobs who have sleeves, leg tats, ect... (And no they do not regret them.) I do agree that a neck tat is a killer.
    You are still young. You never know what life changing circumstances could happen along and change your outlook later in life in regards to what you want to do for a living. You may have friends in the corporate world with tattoo sleeves, but sometimes these folks are the exception and not the rule.
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have my nipples pierced and tattoos. They are both painful but a different kind of pain. I brought a funny friend with me to both. Having someone that could talk and take me away from the pain in my head was SO helpful. In the middle of my nipple piercing my bf decides to drolly comment "You look like your in a sick porn". It immediately made me forget that I had a needle sticking out of my boob. The pain lasted maybe a week with my nipples and probably would have lasted longer if my piercer hadn't been smart enough to make me get hoops instead of bars. Hoops have enough room to handle all of the oddly fascinating but icky stuff that's going to come out of you and don't get tangled in everything the way bars do. And the idea that you'll heal weird and never be able to get a bar is erroneous. Good luck! I think you should definitely get both!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have my nipples done and I highly recommend it.

Of the 11 (ish?) piercings I've had, though, they definitely hurt the most. But most of the other really didn't hurt at all, so it wasn't too bad. It's a second of pain and that's it.
    I would suggest, though, since you're leery of needles, if you want to get them both done, get them done in tandem. (2 piercers.) That's how I had mine done because my piercer told me some people chicken out after the first one and just go home with one. :laugh: Mine bled a bit for a few days and were a little sore, so I had to wear bandages. No big deal.

Eventually one of mine fell out and I let it close. I got it redone a year or so later and it was easier than I remembered. No bleeding, no soreness.

Someone above mentioned padded bras. The piercings will be visible without them, so keep that in mind.

Someone else mentioned the vertical hood piercing, too... I love my nipple piercings but the VH is my favourite. They are both super cute, though.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Had nipple piercings for 4 years and I loved it. The first week sucked really bad but after that no issues I've heard women say they can't wear a bra during that week. I plan to get them back in shortly just don't flinch or you'll get piereced twice or you'll have a crooked one.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Why shouldn't you expect that you can find a VP with a tattoo or that you can't become a VP with tattoos. There are no limitations on my opinion. Just think further.. In 10 or 20 years from now tattooed people will be more common than those who chose not to have a tattoo...

Let's drop my comment on access to higher positions. I don't think your crystal ball gazing is correct but I think you have the right attitude.