Nipple Piercing? Tattoo?

Options

Replies

• danidaggers13
    Options
    I have both of my nipples pierced and I have tattoos. Personally, I say have both done! As my mum says "you only live once!"
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

You are the dumbest box of rocks I've ever seen post here, and that is saying something.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    If you must get tattoos take care that you get them in easily concealable places. I've spent decades in corporate management and cannot stress enough that you should not get any job killers. IE tattoos on the face neck or hands. That makes you mostly unemployable. Also keep in mind that if you get something on your calf or arms/shoulders be prepared to wear pants and or long sleeves to work the rest of your life or else you have to cover it them with a large bandages. Not the most attractive option. Got an ankle tatt? Forget those cute shoes the rest of the women get to wear. I see socks in your future... Use your brain, you are going to grow up and have responsibilities. Don't do anything that will limit you in the future.

You are the dumbest box of rocks I've ever seen post here, and that is saying something.

Bahahahaha!
  • prestonsnana
    prestonsnana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 12 tatoos and they don't hurt and they look awesome, go for it :-)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    yoda_useless_thread.jpg
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I recommend clitoral hood piercings. They come with bonus orgasms.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had (have) both. Had my nipples pierced, ended up with bad jewelry and they had to come out (I miss them like crazy) if you're looking at the healing process I personally think tattoos are easier. Good luck girl!
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    got both, had a numbing spray on my nipples before they were pierced, never felt anything apart from a slight tug,
    finished my lunch break went back to work.
    as for tattoo's I have quite a few and I've lost track of the amount of times people have said "don't you think you'll regret those when your older?"
    well I'm 43 now and never had a moments regret! and to be honest when I'm 80 I'll be more worried about my saggy *kitten* and saggy moobs than what my tattoo's look like!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have both of my nipples pierced and I have tattoos. Personally, I say have both done! As my mum says "you only live once!"

Gotta get both nipples done one is so pitful.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nipple piercings hurt less then nostril for me! The downside to them is waiting until they fully heal which can be up to a year for some people, and even increase sensitivity! (woot for the latter)

Only once have I regretted my piercings, and when I'm 'done' with then It's just a matter of removal and healing.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Best advice do what you want to do.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Get the piercing, they grow back. Tattoos are forever, they age horribly, and most people who aren't completely covered in them end up regretting it when they grow up whether they will admit it or not....

I enjoy over generalization as much as the next.

I have been tattoo'd and peirced for a while.. The thing I have learned.. .everyone has an opinion and yours is obviously not the same as mine. However; piercing grows back but they do leave scars, trust me I have plenty... at least my tattoos are still pretty.

Do I have regrets about any of my tattoos? Nope, not one. They all tell a part of me at the time I got the tattoo, they are all well thought out, and with the exception of one (it was flash art for a charity) they are all custom and only I have them.

OP, if you are serious. Research. Research. Research. Go to a shop, as a lot of questions - if they are shady or change subject walk out. Ask to see their equipment, ask about their cleaning practices, I know where I am they have health inspection certification, their autoclave is inspected regularly - they have those inspections as well and they are never afraid to show it.
    Ask people you know who have them done. Look at portfolios, see if they have a facebook page, read their reviews, stay away from home "shops". You get what you pay for cheaper is not better - Remember that. You do not want an infection.

You are just finishing college - be mindful of your profession. Are piercings and tattoos a big deal? Will they prevent you from advancing in your chosen field of work?

Nipple piercings - no one needs to know, tattoos though can be seen so use your head. Covering a tattoo on your arm/leg/back etc. is pretty easy, something on face/neck/ hands less so.

Most artists and piercers are more than willing to answer any questions you have, and don't be afraid to shop around before settling on a place you are comfortable.

Edited for errors.
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've had nipples pierced 3x, had to take them out cuz, Im a martial artist and tired of getting them yanked on..would do it again though. And had one wrung of jacobs ladder down under my ****. Should do that again. I also have 15 tat's. Get both, as someone else said.."you only live once".
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Since nipple piercings hurt a lot, take a long time to heal, and can deaden sensation, I would actually propose something better:

Vertical hood piercing.

Before you cringe and say no, hear me out! The hood is such a thin piece of tissue, it's literally like sticking a pin through a napkin. There's a sharp sting for a split second, and then the pain gets confused with pleasure because of where it is, and it dies down quick into a sort of background hum. The jewelry is not just aesthetic, it's functional: it can vastly improve your sex life and make orgasm easier to achieve during penetration. Also, men tend to be fascinated by it. It heals completely in about two weeks, can be taken out for long periods without the hole closing up, and you'll never have an employer complain about it.

^^So much this.

Healing time on nipple piercings can be between 4-6 MONTHS.....and if you run into any complications, it can be longer.

VCH healing time is about 4-6 weeks (but can be less) and comparable to ear lobe piercings. And yes, the added benefits are nice.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I think some piercings would look fantastic :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I agree with a hood piercing. I've had nips and hood done. After several years, the nip piercings just got old and tired and a nuisance. Not so with my VCH!
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I work in corporate america. Home of Walmart and interact with various suppliers, buyers and CEO's of companies..

1st. More employers are becoming accepting of tattoos and piercings.. I have my tongue pierced (and belly button) Several of the other girls up here have their nose pierced. I also have a calf sleeve and a half sleeve on my arm. And a medic alert tattoo on my wrist. Not one time have I ever been asked to cover up my ink or take out my tongue ring when I meet with clients. NEVER

2nd.. Research Research Research. Make sure what you get is true to you. And you check around the shops. I drive several towns over to get any work done. And I stay with the same artist.

3rd... I really really want my nipples pierced!!! But it will be a few months before I do it. Trying to finish up the half sleeve on my arm first.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Love my tattoos. I removed all of my piercings a while back and have some nasty scars. Either way it has a permanent effect on your body, but I say do both.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel any actual pain when I was tattooed, just a buzzing and pressure. Never flinched, as no discomfort. Nipple piercings? I'd have to be insane.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wanna do something completely original that other people finishing college don't usually do?
    GET A JOB!
    tumblr_mf7wizzKCY1rjcfxro1_r1_500.gif