Quest Bar - where can I buy cheap?

Options
runner475
runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
I know ... I know ... I know they aren't cheap and I should get over it but someone mentioned on one of the threads they buy it for like $1.84 a bar.

The other day I bought @ GNC for $2.49 ... Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper than $2.49?

Will be willing to carry your bags at airport for a genuine $1.84 Quest Bar tip and if you are flying to Timbaktu :flowerforyou:

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Have a wonderful and awesome day everyone.

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a place to just buy them cheap, unfortunately.

You need to price around, keep an eye out for sales or GNC coupons. I usually end up ordering mine through GNC or Vitamin Shoppe when they have sales going on. Sometimes Quest has special offers going on with free bars, mixed box discounts, etc.
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I bought some from bodybuilding.com for $1.99 each. Not sure what the cases cost...
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you buy them by the box, you can get for $24.99 on amazon, vitaminshoppe.com or the actual quest site and generally find a way for free shipping....that works out to 2.08 a bar roughly. If you watch the quest site, they often run promos for free bars, or bogo 1/2 off, and you can also often find a coupon for gnc or vitamin shoppe to bring the costs down there another few bucks. I love me some quest bars, but will not buy them unless I find a "deal" :)
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Short answer is you cant find for 'cheap' but you can get better than that. You can buy from drugstore.com for 5% cash back and free shipping though. Practically everywhere is $24.99 a box. Amazon, Quest's site, etc.
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    vitacost webistie. when they run specials what they do a lot. so much percentage off things or spend so much get this off. GNC offers specials also and bodybuilding.com
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    A case of 12 is $24.99 on bodybuilding.com or from Quest's website, that's the cheapest I've found them. The only downside to a case is there's no mix and match with a case. You can get variety bundles off Amazon for a little more (like $29-30). Quest bars aren't cheap, but IMO they are worth the extra $$.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If you have a GNC gold card it's buy 3 get 1 free at 2.84 which takes them down to 2.13 each or a box is 24.99.

I've looked online and by the time I pay for shipping it's cheaper to get them locally.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    the cheapest i found was on eBay - and even then, you have to price out shipping in the cost-per-bar comparison. and unfortunately, it wasn't $1.86!

good luck!
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually end up buying mine from GNC when a sale comes around. They have a 30% off every now and again, and once or twice a year they do buy one get one free which gets them down to about $1.50 per bar when you buy them by the box.

My suggestion would be to sign up for Slickdeals.net (it's free), which essentially is a website that skims the internet for the best deals on products. You can set up price alerts for specific products so you'll get emails whenever good prices comes around.

I use this for quest bars, protein powder, etc.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The cheapest I've ever seen them was for $20 in person at the Arnold Expo.

If you cruise the web, getrippednutrition.com has them every now and then for $20 plus shipping for a box of twelve.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I usually get mine straight from Quest because I think they are fresher that way and usually get free shipping. And while this is a long time off still, there was fantastic Cyber Monday deals on them on the Quest site. So keep that in mind come November. I got 3 boxes and it worked out to be about $1.57/bar.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Thankfully there is a family-owned grocer/nutrition store here that sells them for $2.05 each.
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have Hy-Vee grocery stores where you live. They often have them on sale for $1.49 or $1.99!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    There is a Nutrishop in the Bay Area, CA that sells from for $20/box and it happens to be right near my family so whenever I visit I stock up on a few boxes. They sell out very fast so they are always fresh. If I run out before then I'll buy from Quest's site because they are fresh. I've had issues with buying them on Amazon and getting very stale ones. Follow Quest on Facebook for deals, I got a coupon for $20/box online and they have links to free bars occasionally.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Amazon or GNC when they are running a special.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I buy them directly from their website www.questprotienbar.com. Use the code ONAQUEST and you get free shipping. I think I pay $24.99/box (of 12) but they throw in a freebie most of the time too. You can save even more if you sign up for their automatic delivery program.
  • dmorinn
    dmorinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    IHERB.COM
    23$ for a box of 12 and extremely fast shipping
    use the promo code: KQD354
    and get 10$ off your first order, plus with each purchase you get money towards your next order :)
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Also, Allstarhealth.com ..$21.99 per box

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/quest_nutrition-quest_bar.htm
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    For me it seems the quest site is the cheapest with free shipping; shipping is a bit slow though. But with their discount and a free one, I just ordered a bunch for an average of 1.99 each.
  • JessyT79
    JessyT79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat quite a lot of these, and after looking around I found that www.healthynotion.com usually provides me with the cheapest price.