how many calories are in my pie?!

Options
So im making a home made pie. Once ive weighed my food. Mixed ot all together and baked it, how do I find out how many calories are in a certain portion of my pie?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder to enter the recipe
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder to enter the recipe

This, weigh all the pie, then weigh your portion to see how many calories it is.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So im making a home made pie. Once ive weighed my food. Mixed ot all together and baked it, how do I find out how many calories are in a certain portion of my pie?

you should have found out the macros/calories on each ingredients individually thatyou used and then divide the total to get the per serve breakdown. So if you use for example 6 eggs and it yields say 25grams of protein and you decided to cut it in 5 pieces then per piece would yield 5 grams each.... basic math ;P
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options

you should have found out the macros/calories on each ingredients individually thatyou used and then divide the total to get the per serve breakdown. So if you use for example 6 eggs and it yields say 25grams of protein and you decided to cut it in 5 pieces then per piece would yield 5 grams each.... basic math ;P

This. I would say first time making this, weigh and log all your measurements per ingredient in a notepad as you go along and then do the math. Example: Puff Pastry = 300 calories per 100g, you used 130g, 300 calories divided by 100 x 130 = 390 calories. 1 whole pie = 6 servings, 390 calories divided by 6 = 65 calories of puff pastry per serving. Just gotta do that for the rest of the ingredients too and then add it all p to get total calories per slice, and if you can be bothered, the rest of the nutritional information too. Using the recipe builder as mentioned can save you a LOT of time though.
  • archerjk
    archerjk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    if the recipe builder here doesn't work, try this one, you can enter in how many servings and just enter in the ingredients. Hope this helps!

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php