Shorties Unite!!! 5'3" and under!!

Options

Replies

• fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 40 yrs old. I am trying to get into the swing of things now that I am pretty much recovered from a surgery in March.

5'3"
    SW 232
    CW 226
    GW 130

Anybody can add me as a friend. :)
    Stacie
  • JenKandoit
    Options
    Hi! Just turned 22 years old and I'm 5'2"!

Here's what I've got in store for myself:
    SW: 258lbs
    CW: 256lbs
    GW: 225lbs atm.

I've only lost 2lbs, but I won't let that get me down. I wasn't always this heavy, but due to depression and college (which I dropped out of), I gained over 70lbs. Now, I am looking to lose all of that if I can. Just getting back down to 200lbs would make me happy.
  • paigeday23
    paigeday23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties! I am 5'1.5" and of course that half inch counts LOL
    I am new to this site and probably won't keep up with the message boards, but I
    want to try. I am used to doing these things alone, but just reading the boards helps
    make it easier. Good luck to all! :happy:
  • dgkt
    dgkt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, Iam pretty new here. I am 5ft1 SW173 CW166 GW 125. Can I ask how you girls find losing? I am set to 1200 cals a day and it says I can only lose 1lb :sad: Have you found this to be the case? It seems like it will be a long journey as the more I lose the less I will be able to lose and I wanted to at least try and get the first 20 lbs off fairly quickly.

It could be a combination of things:
    1) Being small in stature, weight comes off more slowly than taller people.
    2) 1200 calories may not be enough; being unable to see your diary or knowing your activity level- I really can't make any assumptions, but as an example, I'm 5'2 and eat 1530ish a day.
    3) Quality & quantity of calories eaten. 400 calories of McDonalds does not equal 400 calories of fruits and veg.
    4) Accurate food and exercise recording, MFP's estimations can be wrong.

Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • littl3xlion
    littl3xlion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

Just thought I'd add myself to the mixer as well :D

5'1
    SW: 123lbs
    CW: 120lbs
    GW1: 115lbs
    UGW:110lbs (Depending how I look at 115)

Definitely feel free to add me as well!
  • joyceb444
    joyceb444 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5' 3" 159 yrs old and workout regularly.
    CW 136.8
    GW 130
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    5"2 here feel free to add :smile:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 5' 3" 159 yrs old and workout regularly.
    CW 136.8
    GW 130
    You look good for 159. What's your secret?

Anyway, 5f3 checking in. Trying to fix some muckups from last month.
  • ProvenceBelle
    ProvenceBelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Im 5'3" and currently 104. My goal weight is 103. I run a lot and I love logging in my diary everyday. I only have one "friend" on FP and I love the way we share our diaries and exercise notes and support each other!! Please feel free to friend me!!! Love!:love:
  • lilwoodster
    lilwoodster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5' 2", current weight is 150 but I'm aiming for 135! I've hovered around 140 for a really long time but I recently but on some extra weight so I'm trying to really commit 100% to making better choices and controlling impulses, especially with eating.

I don't know my measurements so I guess I'll have to get a measuring tape! Do y'all think it really makes a difference in how you can keep track to do measurements rather than just going by the scale and how your clothes fit?
  • TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH
    TIFFANYLEIGHSMITH Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all!

I am 5'1". CW- 169 ( I hate writing that)
    GW- 120 but may want to lose more once I get there, will just have to see how I feel.
    I welcome any new friends! :smile:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25, 5ft 3 & weight has fluctuated between 99-108lbs for as long as I can remember. I'm currently trying to focus on mirror/measurements & do more lifting. Don't have a goal weight, but working toward building more muscle & reducing my bf%
  • bfit_tineopet
    Options
    Hey all!
    i'm 5ft tall and CW is 130 and my GW is 115.
    It's getting harder and harder to lose the last few pounds and my belly fat seems to not want to disappear. Anyone else struggling with this or have tips?
  • Minamalenka1
    Minamalenka1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ... I am 5'0" and 45 y.o. CW 118.4

Goal: 95lbs (BMI 18.6) (Bodyfat 12-14%).

I am so impressed to see a number of petite men and women on here.

I'd like to connect with MFP members who take a balanced approached, looking to science and research to determine the best course of action and answer questions (as opposed to joining a cult following of the latest fad diet book). I don't mind at all teaming up with MFP members who struggle with their goals, but I do hope to meet persons who are committed and determined not to give up. :happy:
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    <<<<< 4ft 11
  • karoline09
    karoline09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 151. I would love to get back down to 120..
  • jillk93
    jillk93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'3!!

SW - 134
    CW - 127
    GW - 115

Anyone have advice on slimming down legs? I never had an issue with my thighs till recently, since losing weight off my arms/face/neck/back area I feel like my thighs are looking a little too "bulky"

:)
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 3/4..almost 5'4

SW - 175 - yay pregnancy weight
    CW -185lbs yikes
    GW - between 120 and 130
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old, 5'0ft and in January I was 138. Since getting back on MFP I am down to 127lbs. My first goal is 125lb. After that then I will go for 120lbs and work on toning. Add me if you wish.
  • eurochick64
    eurochick64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    5'2
    SW 150
    Cw 145
    Gw 130
    :tongue:

I was always around 130/135,then a year ago I quit smoking, and started menopause at the same time :noway: ,just lucky I guess! :laugh:

So idecided it was time to get serious,so I started strength Training and LOVE lifting the heavy weight,!
    My weight isn't really moving,which at first bothered me,but now I feel a real difference,and also seem to be losing inches so pfffff to the scale,I have sent it to live the rest of its days in the basement.......where I will visit it ONLY every week instead of every time I pee'd:yawn:

Excuse any errors I'm on my tablet and it sometimes seems to do whatever it wants!!!:tongue: