Trendy diets have ruined one of my favorite products...

Options
124»

Replies

• EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking a Peanut Butter. If that's the case, any PB is disgusting unless it's 100% natural PB, which has nothing in it but, well, peanuts.

It's not really Peanut Butter if it has something other than peanuts in it.

And people wonder why clean eating gets bashed so often and thoroughly.

If the first ingredient is peanuts, it's PB. Emiright? I do promote PB that has only peanuts in it, but that's just my new preference.

OP, it's not hard to make your own nut butter. By raw or roasted peanuts, salt free or not, grind them into a paste, add whatever sweetener you want (or none), and voila! PB without the stuff you don't want.

EDIT:
    Saying JIF is garbage and those who eat it and things like it will die of cancer, is uncalled for and deserves bashing.
    I don't think that disagreeing with another's opinion justifies bashing. :sick:
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking a Peanut Butter. If that's the case, any PB is disgusting unless it's 100% natural PB, which has nothing in it but, well, peanuts.

And people wonder why clean eating gets bashed so often and thoroughly.

If the first ingredient is peanuts, it's PB. Emiright? I do promote PB that has only peanuts in it, but that's just my new preference.

OP, it's not hard to make your own nut butter. By raw or roasted peanuts, salt free or not, grind them into a paste, add whatever sweetener you want (or none), and voila! PB without the stuff you don't want.

EDIT:
    Saying JIF is garbage and those who eat it and things like it will die of cancer, is uncalled for and deserves bashing.
    I don't think that disagreeing with another's opinion justifies bashing. :sick:

Yeah, I actually agree...but I just can't find it in me to feel bad when someone who insults another person's choices, is in turn insulted by that person. Quid pro quo, it is what it is, etc. My sympathy just isn't set up like that.

If you (general not personal) say to X "Your diet is stupid and the food you eat is dogstool and you're gonna die from being lazy and having no self-control", I'm not gonna cry for you if X says in return, "my diet isn't stupid. My diet makes sense. YOUR diet is stupid and you're gonna fail". Even if X could have been the bigger person and moved on. And even if you don't think you were insulting X, but were just talking about why you chose what you chose. X is entitled to read your comments as a judgment on his carefully-chosen diet and get offended.

You can reverse that scenario if you wish to make it suit both IIFYM/clean eaters... but though IIFYM-ers are abrasive and are usually on the defensive, from what I've noticed on MFP, you get a LOT more persons bashing "junk food" in favour of "healthy food", and getting offended when a rude IIFYM-er says in cat .gif form that they disagree with their method of food classification.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Smucker's Natural PB with Honey is delish. I scoop it out of the jar into a bowl to really mix it up, add some kosher salt (uh, no it just isn't quite salty enough) then put it all back in the jar. Yum!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Go to a health food store and squish your own.

There ya go. Add some flax and protein and whatever else to natural peanut butter.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,943 Member
    Options
    Naturally More PB used to have powdered egg whites, added flaxseed oil, wheat germ and honey...it was awesome.

Now it has soy protein (assuming to maintain vegan status), no added flaxseed oil, and a fancy wording for processed sugar.

It's been a slow changing of the ingredients over the years with this stuff, but the whole of the changes stinks...
    Normally you see a spin off to take advantage of a marketing strategy and in this instance, based on nutrition. More than likely your fav was probably dying a slow death and was continually lead to the fountain of yute.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I've never met a butter I didn't like!

I like you
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options

that's 2 different ascinine arguments in one post.

I have to applaud that.

Let's go for three asinine arguments in one thread.

Skippy> jif

I'm a Peter Pan lover myself.

Kraft extra creamy...not sure we have anything but that and organic in the store I shop at...must be american brands...

Peanut Butter & co over all other peanut butters

2j32zvt.jpg

..i dont know where you are, but i will find you.... and eat you e_e

I must find this magical PB! I wonder if they sell it in Canada
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Heresy!

All PB is delicious, regardless of added ingredients.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting here in a battle with my PB addiction and trying to stay away from the open jar calling me when I see this! So when I finish off this jar, I must try new brands! Noooooo <<throws my car keys to someone to hide!>>

Can you buy Kraft PB in the US? I've never noticed it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    PB & Co Mighty Maple, Cinnamon Raisin, and White Chocolate Wonderful ... :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    1392429415648_Web_ChocolateCoconutPB.1200w.jpg