Can anyone take a look at my diary?

Options
Halziees
Halziees Posts: 42 Member
I just need some help here. I am new to going to the gym/counting calories… and I am not sure if I am "overtraining", or under-eating or what. I am just really spent. Like my limbs feel extra heavy, and today at the gym I couldn't get my heart rate up at ALL, even though it felt like I was pushing myself. Maybe I had my Polar strapped on wrong or something, I am not sure.

I try my best to be accurate with my foods. But, if anyone does look, please just look at this last week (as before that I had a major surgery and have been on a restricted diet til recently).

If anyone can give me some pointers as to why I am feeling so beat, it would be great. Dunno if you need my stats, but I am 5'9, 137 lbs, 29y/o.

Thanks a bunch in advance. :)

Oh and edit, I haven't finished logging all my food for today.

Replies

• glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't want to seem judgemental here, but just my observations.
    1. I'm not seeing very substantial breakfasts.
    2. Why all the shakes for lunch?- eat real food: lean meats, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains
    3. Some of the packaged foods caused you to go over on your sodium limit.
  • Halziees
    Options
    2. Why all the shakes for lunch?- eat real food: lean meats, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains

Haha, no, I expect some judgements :)
    As for breakfast, I usually get sick to my stomach if I eat early and then work out. As for the protein shakes, they have helped because I can keep those down and still get some nutrients. Just born with a queasy stomach. :)
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Seriously undereating (both protein and carbs too low) and possibly a bit of overtraining. Hard to tell from the logs, but do you cross-train and take a rest day once and a while?

I assume your goals are to build muscle and not weight loss, correct? Because unless your build is seriously out of the mainstream, you really shouldn't be trying to drop weight.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

You don't need breakfast.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    a few things to try - some might work, some might not

- try eating a few small meals every few hours rather than having 3 big one - it might help your stomach
    - watch your sodium
    - up your protein
    -
  • Halziees
    Options
    Seriously undereating (both protein and carbs too low) and possibly a bit of overtraining. Hard to tell from the logs, but do you cross-train and take a rest day once and a while?

I assume your goals are to build muscle and not weight loss, correct? Because unless your build is seriously out of the mainstream, you really shouldn't be trying to drop weight.

Thank you! So, I'm under eating on my macros (as in, just need to make smarter choices, not eat more)? Or just in general, like overall calories?

Also, yes you are right, I am trying to build muscle and strength. I am also trying to keep my cardiovascular health because bad hearts run in my family. Plus, I just enjoy cardio. But usually I don't take a full rest day... I take active rest days. Like I won't visit the gym, but I'll still do a few miles walking. Should I take a full day off?
  • Halziees
    Options
    a few things to try - some might work, some might not

- try eating a few small meals every few hours rather than having 3 big one - it might help your stomach
    - watch your sodium
    - up your protein
    -

I will try all three! I keep trying to up protein, but I'm finding it so difficult!