what kind of nerd are you?

Options
gunshowgreg
gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
w hat kind of nerd are you? For myself I like anything to do with dragons and wizards lol. I'm a fantasy Geekthat also likes a little bit of sci-fi

Replies

• Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    reading/ science/art nerd /geek/dweeb?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    A narb.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    math
  • NightLightRaine01
    NightLightRaine01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    A little bit of everything.
    I work for a gaming organization, so I love video games (PC, console, handheld, anything).
    I really like science fiction, and I really like fantasy.
    I cosplay, and I'd love to get into LARPing.
    MtG.
    I get all hot and bothered by a really great history lesson.

I can't do math though. Or is that a geek thing? Whatever.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    The kind that's like Peter Parker in "Spider-Man." If only I could do whatever a spider could...

5396342_6406.jpg
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Let see here:

I watch Sci-Fi (Yes, I'm a trekkie... kinda...)
    I read all kinds of books
    I play Dungeons and Dragons
    I play Magic The Gathering
    I sometimes play MMO's.
    I go to conventions
    Love video games
    I play around with virtual PC machines and see what I can do. "Security Checks" :P
    And I read all kinds of science publications
  • WithOutPainThereIsNoGain
    Options
    Science/Astronomy
    Chess
    Video games

Just your average nerd.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Probably almost all the above. Except the math answer - I love math. Freakish about it. And scifi - books, movies, TV, short stories - all of it. And SHTF stuff - zombies, EMP, alien invasions. And gadgets. I love me some gadgets.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n44wy3BHtx1qbh26io1_500.gif
  • LisaGamerGirl
    LisaGamerGirl Posts: 147
    Options
    astrophysics/marine biology/nutritional sciences... & console video games :)
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    computers, science, and sci-fi nerd.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Mostly computer/technology.
  • ashCHB
    ashCHB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm the hugest Harry Potter nerd ever. I refuse to let go of my childhood.

I'm also a former band geek (go flutes!). Oh, and of course, STAR WARS!!!! The cake topper at my wedding was R2-D2 and C-3PO, if that tells you anything. :laugh:
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Let's see..
    I love video games (Kingdom Hearts, SWTOR, Skyrim, WoW, Pokemon - games on PC or DS or XBOX etc)
    I like to play Magic: the Gathering with my boyfriend and his friends (and kick their butts!)
    My favorite movies tend to be fantasy involved or superhero or based on a book/comic.
    Same with TV shows, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Supernatural, Doctor Who etc etc
    I'm not too bad at chess and would LOVE to have a fantasy themed set.
    I love anime too. The new Sailor Moon coming out in July is top of my list of "things to be super excited about".

Going to Comic con dressed as a favorite fictional character is a dream of mine (it would be extremely difficult to pick just one)

But math is the bane of my existence.
    Reading and history however are passions and were my best subjects. I am constantly in the middle of reading several books. I keep one in my car and alternate at home usually between two and I could reread the same (good) book over and over and never get bored.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    WoW, fantasy TV shows, books, science (especially bio and psych), sociopolitics, having entire conversations using movie and television quotes. The usual. :wink:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Fantasy (mostly books and films, not so much gaming)
    Science
    Math
  • kthulhu69
    kthulhu69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sci-fi, fantasy, PC gaming (fully recovered former WoW addict), some console gaming, anime, the list of standard fare could go on for a while.

Although I'm no longer into any of them I still have a warm place in my heart for table top strategy games such as Warhammer 40K, PnP role playing games (Rift was my fav), and comics (manga primarily).

I'm not seriously involved in the ren faire or convention scene but they are fun. I've not done cosplay, with the recent exception of dipping my toes in the water of Steampunk at a recent Ball and that was SO MUCH FUN! My girlfriend and I went and she put together a couple great last minute costumes. I'm not much of a dancer but had a blast anyway and watching Snugglesmacks dance and have a good time was a joy to behold.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Beatles/math/Simpsons(the GOOD years) nerd.