Review my Diary and provide feedback

Options
I would love some feedback/suggestions/comments/encouragement on my Diary. I did this a few weeks ago and got a lot of good stuff.. I've been working hard to correct it.. Thoughts?

Sorry, I always forget to include my information.

Make
5'11
240lbs
Goal 210
Mildly active, I lift weights, do pushups, and light cardio

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    A few questions to help me assess the situation: How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you have your goals set to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week? What is your goal weight? What is your activity level?

At first glance, I'm going to say you're eating too little. I see that you're male on your profile, which means that you can typically get by with eating more than women. I am a woman and I eat more than you and I am still losing. You do not want to restrict too much because it often becomes unsustainable and you end up rebounding and gaining some back. I know because it happened to me, more than once.

Anyway, once you answer these questions, I can give you more specific feedback.
  • clairelizzy1972
    clairelizzy1972 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I looked at a few days back and it looks like you're doing great~ making good choices and staying within your calorie goal. If you aren't seeing the results you want the only thing I could suggest is to watch your sodium. I recently started watching it closer and it's amazing how much of it is in prepared foods. If you're meeting your goals, though, job well done!

--Claire
  • Forty6and2
    Options
    I looked at a few days back and it looks like you're doing great~ making good choices and staying within your calorie goal. If you aren't seeing the results you want the only thing I could suggest is to watch your sodium. I recently started watching it closer and it's amazing how much of it is in prepared foods. If you're meeting your goals, though, job well done!

--Claire

This feedback is irresponsible not knowing the OP's stats. Yes, he is under goals, but he may be going TOO far under which is not good for your body.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options

--Claire

This feedback is irresponsible not knowing the OP's stats. Yes, he is under goals, but he may be going TOO far under which is not good for your body.

This.

OP no one can give you any advice until you give us your details.
  • soundforgenine
    Options
    added
  • Forty6and2
    Options
    You're within 30 lbs of your goal, you should aim to lose a half pound a week at this point and focus on lifting. If you lose too quickly (which you will eating that few calories) it depletes your lean body mass and when you get to your goal weight, you likely won't be satisfied with how you look. You should up your calories, change your goals, lose weight, lift weights, bench press some cats, and see us again in like 6 months!
  • soundforgenine
    Options
    Im not going to eat food just for the sake of eating more calories. I eat 6 - 8 times a day and If I dont feel hungry Im not going to eat food because some number isnt high enough