Has anyone heard of the corset diet?

Options
I am NOT looking to try this diet. I just came across it and it was flabbergasted at the idea.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/04/29/women-lacing-up-corsets-to-lose-weight/

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it. It's absolutely disgusting and sad :(
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, just a million times--no!

I wish people knew how to lose weight healthily instead of just quickly. It's ridiculous every time I go into Walmart, I see a sign advertising some stupid pill so you can "Lose three times the weight in half the time!" And then gain it back, and then buy their pills again so you can lose more, then gain it back, and so on FOR-FREAKING-EVER. Ugh!

/rant

And sorry for taking over your thread.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There is nobody more creative than someone wanting to lose weight without the work. =p
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I need a thigh corset.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, just a million times--no!

I wish people knew how to lose weight healthily instead of just quickly. It's ridiculous every time I go into Walmart, I see a sign advertising some stupid pill so you can "Lose three times the weight in half the time!" And then gain it back, and then buy their pills again so you can lose more, then gain it back, and so on FOR-FREAKING-EVER. Ugh!

/rant

And sorry for taking over your thread.

No worries Doll, you're preaching to the choir.
  • Forty6and2
    Options
    There is nobody more creative than someone wanting to lose weight without the work. =p

I've definitely been there. I've taken water pills to "lose weight" (losing water weight, that's all), I've all but starved myself, I've eaten every kind of "super cool weight loss food!" known to man and a few known to cats (kidding). THEY DON'T WORK! None of it works! It's a waste of money and it's ridiculous to think that you can get anything worth while without working for it.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    She has

imagesCAZIOOSN_zpsb9ff36af.jpg
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I love all my corsets. And I have quite a few, all tailor-made to my exact shape. And I love em. But no.

No, no, no, no, no.

jTeDVpN.gif

No.
  • Forty6and2
    Options
    She has

imagesCAZIOOSN_zpsb9ff36af.jpg

Is she a Disney princess?
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Man! I love corsets. Can't wait to fit back in the ones I own, but I cannot imagine LIVING in one for so many hours every day. The best feeling is when the corset comes off. lol!! Though they do great things (temporary) for my bust. :)
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I love all my corsets. And I have quite a few, all tailor-made to my exact shape. And I love em. But no.

No, no, no, no, no.

jTeDVpN.gif

No.

:laugh: :laugh: Perfect gif!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    Man! I love corsets. Can't wait to fit back in the ones I own, but I cannot imagine LIVING in one for so many hours every day. The best feeling is when the corset comes off. lol!! Though they do great things (temporary) for my bust. :)

Don't get me wrong. Wearing one for a an hour or two for fashion is ok and can be very sexy but the thought of pretty much living in one to lose weight just blows my mind.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    This whole idea.
    tumblr_n32wezVes41tw1vhco1_500.gif
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    lol...when I first read the thread title I was thinking the diet involved looking at one's self in a corset, feeling bad about your body and motivating you to lose weight. both concepts a bit sadistic.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    From The Daily Beast: "When you’re wearing something that tight around your abdomen, it pretty much kills your desire to overeat."

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/15/you-should-probably-pass-on-this-whole-corset-diet-fad.html

Okay, but what kills my desire to take the damn thing off, then overeat?
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    Yes

download_zpse3263b6e.jpg

No

images_zpse09e1d09.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    No.

XB2rU10.gif
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'd hardly call it a diet, it's corset training. Personally, I'm not a fan of altering my skeletal structure in the name of beauty but each to their own.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes

download_zpse3263b6e.jpg

No

images_zpse09e1d09.jpg

*shriek*