2.5 months later...

Options
I've only lost 25 pounds but it feels like so much more! I think it is because I have been weight lifting and gaining a lot of new muscles I never knew I had!

2decc05d-66eb-48e8-85b9-2fe672f4a7a0_zps7b3892f6.jpg

Replies

• blaze6106
    blaze6106 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a pretty big difference, good job!! :)
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Flipping awesome girl!!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So awesome!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!! I would love to see results like that in 2.5 months...and when I do, I know my body will thank me...thank you for being such an inspiration!! Go girl!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    ONLY 25 pounds?! That's the weight of many two year old human beings! That's awesome!
  • beccabooka528
    Options
    ONLY 25 pounds?! That's the weight of many two year old human beings! That's awesome!

Ha! Thanks! I've never thought about it like that! I guess I'm thinking about it more like, "I've lost 25 but I still have like 70 to go" ... lol
  • HappyLilThang
    HappyLilThang Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you did a great job! You look great!
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It looks like a lot more than 25 pounds too. Nice job!
  • beccabooka528
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!! I would love to see results like that in 2.5 months...and when I do, I know my body will thank me...thank you for being such an inspiration!! Go girl!!

Thank you! I honestly can't believe the results I've gotten. I attribute most of it to lifting weights. My metabolism SUCKS and they say for every pound of muscle you put on your metabolism gets that much faster (I can't remember the exact number lol)
  • lgtalbott7
    lgtalbott7 Posts: 11
    Options
    good job! I can totally tell the difference keep it up!
  • clubcpg
    clubcpg Posts: 4
    Options
    It looks like a lot more than 25 pounds too. Nice job!

It really does. Way to go!
  • beccabooka528
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I wonder if muscle really does weigh more than fat. If it does, that could be the reason I look like I've lost more than I have. Anyone know for sure?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great!!

Muscle and fat weigh the exact same. The difference between the two is muscle is a whole lot leaner than fat, which explains why a person can lose some weight but look like they've lost way more. It's all that lean muscle being revealed.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I wonder if muscle really does weigh more than fat. If it does, that could be the reason I look like I've lost more than I have. Anyone know for sure?

Per unit volume muscle weighs more than fat. Also, you could look at it as one pound of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb of fat.

You look great :)
  • beccabooka528
    Options
    Thanks guys! That is good information to know. I am definitely stronger than I was 2.5 months ago. I used to have to carry my littlest kids down the stairs one at a time, now I can carry both of them at the same time. I know that sounds little, but it was big to me. You should have seen my 2 year old's face when I lifted him and his brother, he looked at me like I was a super hero :) That is what it's all about :)
  • FitMommy_91
    FitMommy_91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    amazing work!(:
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you look FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That is good information to know. I am definitely stronger than I was 2.5 months ago. I used to have to carry my littlest kids down the stairs one at a time, now I can carry both of them at the same time. I know that sounds little, but it was big to me. You should have seen my 2 year old's face when I lifted him and his brother, he looked at me like I was a super hero :) That is what it's all about :)

You are a superhero mom! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!