Any Runners On Here Dubbed "The Slowest In Gym Class" ?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me!

Actually I wasn't allowed to run the mile in gym class or participate at all most of the time because of my asthma and allergies.

But i made it a point to learn to run as an adult. Apparently it is something you can learn. I still have asthma so it wasn't easy. First time i tried couch 2 5k in 2011, I couldn't finish. I kept getting sick. i finally got running to stick in 2012. Was running 5k in 40 minutes at the time. Not fast! But I kept at it! I can run up to 16 miles now and my 5k is down to 26:04 ( 8:21 per mile). Still not super fast, but i'm proud of it!
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha this is funny. I was in my school's ath's squad for..... shotput and discus... and was consistently last in any and all running events. Our school even had a 5 km cross country event that every second or third week in winter ALL students were made to run (think reallly small country school).
    On one of the weeks the physical education teacher couldn't believe how long it took me and was angry because every time he saw me on the course I was walking. He couldn't get away with this now; but the next time we had cross country he chased me three quarters of the way around the course literally booting me up the backside to make me run.......

Both of my brothers are good athletes and could run the same course in around 20 minutes; I don't think he could ever accept I came from the same gene pool as them.

I will never run a 20 minute 5 k but when I run sub 24, as someone well into their 30's I think of that teacher and wonder how fast we could have ran back then if he had taught us how to get fit and run a correctly paced race. :huh:
  • slemonfit
    slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yes, in middle school i was the slowest one!
    on a mile run it took me about 14 minutes, i was literally the last one
    and i wasnt even overweight at that time i think i was normal, around 4'8 or less and 90 pounds
    i was never good at gym