• joanneeeex1
    joanneeeex1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rush geek and science fiction ( the written kind) nerd
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Computer/Technology

Worked in IT for 20+ years/ House is full of Servers, laptops, tablets, Desktops all doing crazy stuff. Current Project is building a 3d Printer
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Academia, mostly. My curiosity about life, art, spirituality, etc., is boundless, and I have been know to exhaustively research random subjects that strike me.

I love statistics and have gone out of my way to take advanced stats classes outside of my coursework.

Other nerdy pursuits include reading anything I can get my hands on, astronomy, creative writing, sci-fi/fantasy movies, a budding interest in learning Spanish, and an unhealthy love of Jeopardy. :)
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Anime, video games, Information technology, comic books, and especially Sci FI.........but most of all anything related to Mechs or the Mecha sub genre.....My head exploded when I saw the Pacific Rim movie last year.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Economics
    DIY (I like building things ranging from furniture to watches to robots)
    Health nut
    I about DIED when I saw how your username shows up on forums XD

DbazVn2.png

Oh dear.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My favourite past times:

1)Japanese Manga (One piece, Fairy tail,etc)
    2) PC /Mobile Games!!!^_^ (Rpg,Turn-based,Strategy and Tactical). (Hehe..I ever hacked into Ragnarok game coding just so I could have unlimited rare items)
    3) Books that caught my attention (All genre)
    4) Top student in high school (UK Cambridge Education Level), courses ranging from accounts,geography,biology and chemistry.

Work in hospital, dealing with $$
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Geeky, techie nerd who reads too dang much **adjusts nerd glasses with pointer finger**

Work in IT ;)
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Why isn't sports nerd-dom considered nerdy? I know people who NEVER miss a game, know all the stats and life stories of the players, and even dress up in costumes to go to games. Face paint and funny hats and everything.

These same people will cheerfully burn on the far less hardcore conventional nerds.

Sports nerds are the ultimate nerds. :D
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Nerd of all trades... I nerd up everything I find interest in..
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting video that I came across some time ago and it goes thru the origin of the term "Nerd" and its evolution. And yeah I agree with you amwbox, sports fans are some really big nerds!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2522-A-Nerd-By-Any-Other-Name
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Pens, ink & paper nerd.
  • adieuaudie
    adieuaudie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Might be an odd way to describe it, but I like "sword & shield" fantasy: The Legend of Zelda, Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, etc, etc.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Pens, ink & paper nerd.
    You should sell paper for a living o.o
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    I'm a little nerdy in everything I guess.

I read - a lot - and fast.
    Played D&D, Cthulhu and Magic. Had tons of rare cards before I sold my collection.
    Played MUDs like t-dome and MMORPGs like Everquest, etc. Favorite characters to play was Samurai, Slinger and Cleric.
    Been to a con .. or four.. before
    Done my share of LARP's
    Love final fantasy and legends of Zelda

And I also do IT for my company
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting video that I came across some time ago and it goes thru the origin of the term "Nerd" and its evolution. And yeah I agree with you amwbox, sports fans are some really big nerds!!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2522-A-Nerd-By-Any-Other-Name

Thanks for the link. :)
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have an army of custom-built undead/skeleton minis for use in Warhammer games, lots of weird dice, and can make an educated guess on who would win in a battle royale between all the different Robins, canon and non. Pretty much live under the Dork Dome.
  • metalkim85
    metalkim85 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Video Games (Skyrim, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts)
    Movies ( Star Wars, The Fifth Element- even have my own stones and multipass-, Neverending Story, etc)

I guess you can say I'm a pot nerd. lol
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The awesome kind. :D
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fish (saltwater aquarium) and crochet :). lol yup... I'm a nerd :p
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Film - mainly horror and sci-fi but anything a bit 'odd' (and that doesn't just count for movies). Zombies - always zombies.