i need to eat healthy help!

Options
hi my name is nadya I am 25 years I need to lose weight and learn how to eat healthy.

all my life I've been overweight and I'm just excited to learn more about healthy food, eating habits nutrition etc ,
and if anybody can help me with something tricks and tips that have work for you I will be happy to have others people support.

Replies

• kevinfromdavis
    kevinfromdavis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Finding low fat, low-calorie foods is not too difficult. The hardest part I've found so far was bringing sodium in line. ALL processed food has way too much salt. It takes a lot of will power and a big change in habits but you need to seriously cut back on almost all prepared foods in favor of fresh meat and produce, with low-sodium versions of cooking additives like chicken stock. Canned beans and fish are fine but put them in a colander and rinse them first to cut back on the salt.

I've found that Trader Joe's is a godsend for healthy versions of tasty eats, and their frozen entrees are much tastier and healthier than the stuff you find a typical grocery store. I'll never touch another "Healthy Choice" after trying some of their options and they cost about the same too.
  • NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Kevin is right. Start with small changes and u will be surprised. I hope my clean eating group can help
  • filippo85
    filippo85 Posts: 4
    Options
    avoid eating foods high in fat, high glycemic index increases the protein requirement and do a lot of physical activity.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    I would say don't change eating habits too quickly. If you go from all processed food straight to salads it's going to be really hard, and because of that you're more likely to become discouraged and give up. Try cutting portions down gradually (do this by starting off your weight loss goals on a low loss and transition to a higher one over the course of a month or so), and then try cutting foods from your diet completely and add new, healthier foods in.

This means your body adjusts to less food much easier, because initially you may find yourself very hungry at all times. I've never been overweight but to begin with when I was dieting I was still eating odds and ends that I would seldom consider eating now, as long as it fit into my calorie allowance. For example, it's only been recently which is four months down the line that I have managed to cut out high carb foods such as bread, pasta, potatoes etc from being the staple of diet to something that I have every now and then and at the same time transitioned from relatively low protein to high protein in my diet.

You soon find you get a taste for things you wouldn't have normally eaten and you barely even miss the things you cut out completely. And you become much less hungry too - if I tried to eat the portion sizes I used to now, I would feel so bloated and ill from it.

Also try to integrate light exercise from day 1 - walk more for example. You don't need to jump straight into running or going to a gym until you're confident that your fitness levels are able to handle it. You don't ever need to if you don't want to, it just means that your weight loss may be slower - I personally never have or plan to step into a gym anytime soon.